Trying to give up the booze but I'm finding it

Very hard to do so. I have put myself in a bad position, and I cannot handle my alcohol anymore. I desperately need to stop! hopefully I can find the fight within me to get over this wish me luck. Phone Post 3.0

Check out the 4 days sober thread- I'll bump it for you Phone Post 3.0

Why don't you start with a new screen name?

Bear down motherfucker, belief will change your world. Phone Post 3.0

how much do u drink and for how long? sometimes its not about a matter of willpower but an actual medical issue that needs treatment.

WattMell - What and how much do you drink a day? Have you considered aa? Phone Post 3.0
I binge drink somewhere around four days a week I polish off at lest a fifth every time I drink Phone Post 3.0

I have tried AA in the past but I just couldn't get into it Phone Post 3.0

Fifth of what exactly? Phone Post 3.0

Just fucking stop.

That's what I did nine years ago after making an ass of myself at a wedding and was hungover for three days.

Just...STOP.

It doesn't take strength, it doesn't take willpower, just stop. Phone Post 3.0

6 Late Hammerfists - How many milliliters is a fifth? Phone Post 3.0
750 Phone Post 3.0

Yeah that's like 12-13 "drinks" a night or more...gotta slow down on that broseph. What the fuck do I know...but maybe start by just drinking less instead if going cold turkey. Phone Post 3.0

seems like you need support of some sort. why couldn't you get "into" AA?

have you tried any others?

This is going to be in the "easier said than done, that's some half assed advice for the now" category.  

You have to try to fix your underlying problems and issues.  The drinking is like a medication with terrible side effects, but what problem are you trying to cure or avoid?  

Also, be careful about physical withdrawal.  It can be dangerous.  

The Spirit Of Captain Boosee - 
6 Late Hammerfists - How many milliliters is a fifth? Phone Post 3.0
750 Phone Post 3.0

i drank a fifth of vodka, dare me to drive ?

Tomorrow will be 5 weeks of no drinking for me; I was a daily drinker. The first week is the hardest and after that it gets much better.

Having support, any support is essential.

Feel free to pm me if you want any advice (although I'm new to it I'll do my best) or even just a friendly ear. It sucks but it gets better.

hooke - seems like you need support of some sort. why couldn't you get "into" AA?

have you tried any others?
I went for a couple of months but then I just stop going I was able to quit at that time without going to meetings Phone Post 3.0

Co3 -

This is going to be in the "easier said than done, that's some half assed advice for the now" category.  

You have to try to fix your underlying problems and issues.  The drinking is like a medication with terrible side effects, but what problem are you trying to cure or avoid?  

I suffer from depression that's a big part of why I drink so much it makes me feel better when I'm intoxicated Phone Post 3.0

Co3 -

I suffer from depression that's a big part of why I drink so much it makes me feel better when I'm intoxicated Phone Post 3.0

Are you doing anything about the depression? even talking to a professional might be as effective as an anti depression drug.  What's your situation? do you have job and insurance? Veteran? Support from family or friends?

Here is some more easier said than done advice.  I don't know how old you are, but you only get one shot at life on this earth.  Try to do whatever you can to try to make it a good one.  One that is worth living.  Every day is a chance to do something fun, good, etc. You don't get the days back once they are gone. 

Co3 -
Co3 -

Are you doing anything about the depression? even talking to a professional might be as effective as an anti depression drug.  What's your situation? do you have job and insurance? Veteran? Support from family or friends?

Here is some more easier said than done advice.  I don't know how old you are, but you only get one shot at life on this earth.  Try to do whatever you can to try to make it a good one.  One that is worth living.  Every day is a chance to do something fun, good, etc. You don't get the days back once they are gone. 

I take antidepressants, but it doesn't seem to help much at times .I work a low paying job that puts me in a depressive state all the time I know that I have to get myself out of this dark place. Phone Post 3.0

Best of luck captain! You can do it Phone Post 3.0