Tucking in dress shirts

I was getting ready to go out for a casual night of drinks with some friends, I put on jeans and a button up shirt un-tucked. I checked my self in the mirror and did not like the way it looked. It looked sloppy. It reminds me of overweight guys trying to hide their gut. Every one I know, my self included, does the un-tucked dress shirt when going out.

So I tucked it in and asked my wife what she thought. She said to leave it tucked in. What say you OG? Is the un-tucked buttoned up shirt out, or am I just getting old?

tuck it in, show off the fact that you have put in the work for a six-pack

Well, I never said I have six pack. Actually I would put myself in the group of guys trying to hide their gut.

I think it's fine. I'm 32, though. Dependent on the shirt it can really make a guy look old. Phone Post

Mayfield - I was getting ready to go out for a casual night of drinks with some friends, I put on jeans and a button up shirt un-tucked. I checked my self in the mirror and did not like the way it looked. It looked sloppy. It reminds me of overweight guys trying to hide their gut. Every one I know, my self included, does the un-tucked dress shirt when going out.

So I tucked it in and asked my wife what she thought. She said to leave it tucked in. What say you OG? Is the un-tucked buttoned up shirt out, or am I just getting old?
I always tuck my shirt in. Makes you look a little taller in a weird way and is a lot smarter than untucked. Phone Post 3.0

Depends on the shirt... Phone Post 3.0

I would never ever wear a dress shirt untucked. I don't mind wearing tshirts and shit out to pubs/clubs, but if you are gonna wear a dress shirt in or out of the office it has to be tucked in. Not doing so just screams douche.

Depends on the outfit.

Dressier shoes? Tucked in.
More casual shoes? Untucked Phone Post 3.0

Untucked 3top buttons

To tuck or not to tuck... Depends what kind of club u going to!! Phone Post 3.0

there are dress shirts and sport shirts

sport shirts are button ups like dress shirts but are shorter in length and are meant to be worn untucked

Buy a shirt that is actually fitted and not cut like a parachute to fit the average fat American's shapeless gut. Tucking in shirts outside of formal events is for dorky old guys.

Tommy_Wiseau - Buy a shirt that is actually fitted and not cut like a parachute to fit the average fat American's shapeless gut. Tucking in shirts outside of formal events is for dorky old guys.
This is how I feel. Phone Post 3.0

Depends on your package.

With jeans...untucked.

killacox - there are dress shirts and sport shirts

sport shirts are button ups like dress shirts but are shorter in length and are meant to be worn untucked

Correct.

Wear sport shirts with jeans, untucked, and dress shirts with dress pants, tucked.

You can't ever be too classy. My general rule is if it hides my ass tuck it in. Your ass in jeans may not look like mine though. Phone Post 3.0

you can only leave it untucked if you unbutton it.

Don't forget, your wife will dress you so that you're "presentable" but also have no chance of picking up another woman

Untucked with only the top button done. Wear a pain white tee under. Bandanna and Jesus piece as acceptable accessory. Phone Post