MMA Underground Forums

TUF 17: Sonnen v Jones (vid)

should be a good season...

Phone Post

Great production!

ObamaCare - 

thanks...i must have missed this the 30x they showed it during the last ufc.

I'll guess from the lack of # by your name that all of your posts are this terrific...

Where is this beast who has the whole house shook? I want to see him.

“We have a guy on this season of The Ultimate Fighter, every fight he’s in, someone goes to the hospital. The whole house is terrified of this guy. F– terrified. Everybody. I picked this fight, and this guy is lined up with the guy I’m telling you about, and the guy has a nervous breakdown in the house over the weekend. Has a f– nervous breakdown. Freaks out and has a nervous breakdown. This guy scared the living s— out of everyone. It’s awesome.”

Dana White in regards to the season: via BJPenn.com

Chris27 - Where is this beast who has the whole house shook? I want to see him.

was hoping to catch a glimpse of carnage.

Later Phone Post

Gator Choke - “We have a guy on this season of The Ultimate Fighter, every fight he’s in, someone goes to the hospital. The whole house is terrified of this guy. F– terrified. Everybody. I picked this fight, and this guy is lined up with the guy I’m telling you about, and the guy has a nervous breakdown in the house over the weekend. Has a f– nervous breakdown. Freaks out and has a nervous breakdown. This guy scared the living s— out of everyone. It’s awesome.”

Dana "Hypeman" White

Hospital = some guy slipped in the sauna cutting weight cause he was nervous and had to go the hospital

Scared the living shit out of "everyone" is probably 2, 3 guys tops.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Gator Choke - “We have a guy on this season of The Ultimate Fighter, every fight he’s in, someone goes to the hospital. The whole house is terrified of this guy. F– terrified. Everybody. I picked this fight, and this guy is lined up with the guy I’m telling you about, and the guy has a nervous breakdown in the house over the weekend. Has a f– nervous breakdown. Freaks out and has a nervous breakdown. This guy scared the living s— out of everyone. It’s awesome.”

After watching the 24-year-old lightweight Phillipe Nover, White said he thinks Nover has all-around MMA skills reminiscent of UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre. That's not a comparison that should be made lightly; St. Pierre is one of the most talented athletes in the history of the sport. But looking at Nover, you can certainly see why the comparison would be made.

White has said there's a lightweight on this year's Ultimate Fighter who could be the next Anderson Silva, and I assume Nover is the person he's talking about. If he's drawing comparisons to the UFC's two best pound-for-pound fighters, Nover is in very good company. Phone Post

GroundStPound - 
Gator Choke - “We have a guy on this season of The Ultimate Fighter, every fight he’s in, someone goes to the hospital. The whole house is terrified of this guy. F– terrified. Everybody. I picked this fight, and this guy is lined up with the guy I’m telling you about, and the guy has a nervous breakdown in the house over the weekend. Has a f– nervous breakdown. Freaks out and has a nervous breakdown. This guy scared the living s— out of everyone. It’s awesome.”

After watching the 24-year-old lightweight Phillipe Nover, White said he thinks Nover has all-around MMA skills reminiscent of UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre. That's not a comparison that should be made lightly; St. Pierre is one of the most talented athletes in the history of the sport. But looking at Nover, you can certainly see why the comparison would be made.

White has said there's a lightweight on this year's Ultimate Fighter who could be the next Anderson Silva, and I assume Nover is the person he's talking about. If he's drawing comparisons to the UFC's two best pound-for-pound fighters, Nover is in very good company. Phone Post

Not even close to the same thing. Nowhere in that quote does Dana say the guy is even a great fighter let alone comparing him to anyone else.

he said the guy sends people to the hospital and nobody wanted to fight him, which I assume is both true because its gonna be shown on the show.

If he said this guy is the next GOAT or the next champ then you bring up what he said about Nover.

If anyone can carry a season of TUF, it's Sonnen. Love him or hate him, the dude is awesome to watch.

Not to mention, this is essentially Team Quest vs. Jackson's MMA. I'd peg both guys as incredibly dedicated and competitive coaches.

I predict this will be the best season since Heavyweights, maybe even Comeback.

Production value of that video was pretty awesome if you ask me, they did it really smoothly. Phone Post

That's probably the best looking promo vid that the UFC has put out in a long time

Is it all lightweights?

Thanks for the video Cyr. Phone Post

EG6 - That's probably the best looking promo vid that the UFC has put out in a long time

I agree. Short but good. Phone Post

I haven't watched tuf since Rashad/Rampage but I might tune into this season. Phone Post

I will watch just to see how Jon is at coaching, have no clue why that peaks my interest but it does.

I'll probably try to catch the first few episodes this season, and make a judgement call on whether to keep watching from there.

I haven't watched a single episode since it moved to FX.