TUF 5's fighters pretty much a jok

there are seriously like 5 maybe 6 quality fighters on TUF 5... all the rest are fucking pathetic....maybe it just me but they need to get better fighters and the show would be soo much better.. i know they wanna make good tv... but cmon... majority of these guys have no expirience and are a very poor representation of the talent outside the UFC and other major organizations.

Couldn't agree more. In fact I'm wondering if they do it on purpose to give the better fighters easy round 1 victories. That way even the guys who don't win, they can still push them.

Personally I know there are many much better 155ers out there that should be on this show.

Totally.. i mean seriously i am not hating but.. actually ya i guess i am...some of those dudes are gettin such a opturtunity without ever paying there dues..its just disgusting they would prefer tp put guyes like Weems and Monsta lobsta on the show.. those dudes have no skillz at all.. i guarantee if u put some guys on there had had paid there dues it would be such a better show and make for amazeing fights on free TV...Emerson.. has fought twice and not showed me a damn thing.. its a joke that these guys are even gettin exposure...

Man of Steel

So its disgusting sorry to make you sick bro....
What do you consider dues i pay my dues at gracie tampa evry month direct deposit....
www.monstahlobstah.com

Dude ur terrible... and the fact that u actually admitted that u had no intention of being a fighter u just did it to get publicity for ur business... every real fighter out there.. i am sure felt sick when u said that.. just stick to tanning and gettin ur highlights done

Damn...

Yea, not pointing names out but UFC clearly has to do a better job in selecting fighters. They clearly liked gabes personality for the show, but they got fooled by it and it screwed them over. Also bringing in corey Hill with zero fight experience, uhh, probably not the wisest thing to do. I know there are a lot of good fighters out there that should've been put on the show but hopefully Dana starts to learn from these mistakes already.

I keep going back to Marcus Hicks 'cause he's from my neck of the woods but Hicks would fucking school everybody on that show with the possible exceptions of Joe, Manny and Nate.

And those would be competitive fights. And that's just a guy from around the way, there's guys like Hicks in every pro-calibre gym in every city.

Guys who have legit records against legit competition. Not just 'personalities' or someshit. Yeah Lobstah man, that made me sick too. "I'm just here to promote my restaurant".

I mean I gotta blame the producers of the show because few would pass on the opportunity to be on TV... But that's bullshit bro. There's a reason you got picked first. Sorry mang nothing personal but yeah Jake Short would crush you and has put in a lot more work to be in this sport.

FACT: A couple years ago, Jake Short read on the UG that the FFC was having trouble getting an opponent for an up and coming monster named Melvin Guillard. Jake immediately agreed to the fight, made his way to Mississippi and beat Melvin up like two days later!

first of all...
my statements were taken out of context...
i started fighting a year and a half ago to promote my bussiness once i had a fight i got hooked on the sport...
after a few fights they had tryouts for the uf5 so i tried out just like everyone else...
i didnt just go on the show to promote,i love the sport i might not be up to your standards but oh fuckin well,sorry....
anyone that fights and trains to fight well i give them big props because i know what goes into my training i bust my ass...
maybe you should stop throwing people out there man it doesnt seem right just because you or your buddy didnt make it dont blame us...
www.monstahlobstah.com

Don't get me wrong there are some very talented fighters this season.. but more than 50% are not deserving... i always thought that TUF was suppose to promote those fighter that have put in the work.. they were just needing that one push to make it to the big time.. i guess its more like...if u act like a fool and talk like ur good.. they give u a chance...which sucks...but i guess thats just how it is... all i as well as other fighters out there can do is continue to "do work" and hopefully we will get our chance to shine..Our time will come evnetually.. in the mean time.. i guess i will have to start barking,tanning,gettin my hair frosted, and wear a leather thong to weigh ins ..and maybe i will get noticed

I stated pretty clearly that I blame the producers of the show. And this isn't really just about you bro, I don't really hold it against you, like I said, who would pass on the opportunity?

But sorry man there are much better fighters than you who didn't get the shot, and yes they've done more than you to earn it. Specifically fighting.

I don't doubt that you train hard, hell I train hard but I don't fool myself into thinking I'm ready to fight Hermes Franca or somebody of that calibre.

Again its not personal towards you man, you just responded. And it's not about any one fighter, I mention a guy I've crossed paths with (not my friend, not my training partner, just a guy from the area) who did try out and wasn't picked but would kick the crap out of 8 to 10 of the guys that were picked.

So you have to ask the question; what are the producers really looking for?

But hey I bet you could get a fight with Hicks or Jake Short if you want to prove everybody wrong Lobstah.

I for one have been surprised over and over by TUFers doing very well outside of that stupid house in the real UFC.

It is something about that format that makes good upn commers look lackluster.

It makes them fight not to lose to stay on the show (not to win), and I suppose some other stuff play with their heads as well.

i always thought that TUF was suppose to promote those fighter that have put in the work..

well that's the problem then.

the point of the show is to make money for the UFC by attracting viewers from the general public. the general public would rather see wacky "characters" and household drama than some hardworking quiet guy who has paid his dues.

that's probably also why they're showing less training this season-too boring for the target audience.

Someone posted before that it seemed like they went for 8 good fighters, and 8 other fighters that would be "personalities" but get beat down to make the other 8 fighters look even that much more impressive.

That kinda seems like what might have happened, IMO.

Maybe it's just more noticeable this year because it's just one weight class.  In other seasons, when they had LHW/MW for example, they had several fighters in each weight class that really weren't that good at all.

"But sorry man there are much better fighters than you who didn't get the shot, and yes they've done more than you to earn it. Specifically fighting."

Yeah, one of them was a stand by due to political reasons. Somebody by the name of Jason ring a bell Berube.

"first of all... my statements were taken out of context... i started fighting a year and a half ago to promote my bussiness once i had a fight i got hooked on the sport... after a few fights they had tryouts for the uf5 so i tried out just like everyone else... i didnt just go on the show to promote,i love the sport i might not be up to your standards but oh fuckin well,sorry.... anyone that fights and trains to fight well i give them big props because i know what goes into my training i bust my ass... maybe you should stop throwing people out there man it doesnt seem right just because you or your buddy didnt make it dont blame us..."

Didn't seem out of context to me. That's exactly what you said right? You still brought up the name of your joint and used TUF as advertising right?

Guess I'll see ya back at RFC on June 2nd though.

"Someone posted before that it seemed like they went for 8 good fighters, and 8 other fighters that would be "personalities" but get beat down to make the other 8 fighters look even that much more impressive."

Bingo. Not that the weaker fighters don't necessarily have potential (and balls for stepping into the cage), but it's hardly the 'top 16 LW contenders'. Of course upsets happen, but mostly the guys you expect to win do so.

"well that's the problem then... the point of the show is to make money for the UFC by attracting viewers from the general public"

But that's not what they claim TUF is. It's supposed to be a legit talent search intead of a faggotry laced 'reality' show.

And by faggotry of course I mean pillow-fights, bubble baths, displays of plum smuggling or any other TV-producer induced gheyness.

So yeah I agree that is the problem.

Berube didn't say he was using the show to advertise his restaurant. You misheard. What he said was that he started MMA as a way to advertise his restaurant, and that's how he got involved. (Unless I misheard...)