TUF 5's fighters pretty much a jok

Alan earned his shot on the show by making Gabe cry with the 100% in the kitchen comment, IMO.

Damn you guys act like no one with little experience has ever done anything in MMA. Sokoudjou destroy Nog in his 4th fight ever and Arona in his 5th fight. Maybe he didn't deserve to be in Pride because he didn't have enough fights but I am happy he is and he showed he can handle it.

Koscheck from the 1st season had only like 2 fights yet rather you like him or not you have to admit he has turned out as a pretty good fighter.

The guys with the most experience aren't always the best and some of the unknown guys turn out to be pretty good!

Oh for fuck sake... OK lets put the thread hijack by the Crustacean Sensation aside for a second. This wasn't about Berube or any one fighter, this is about the selection process for the show.

There are LEGIT 155ers out there who do have fights, do have a ton of skills (much moreso than at least HALF the guys on this season's show) who didn't get the chance.

Because this weight class has been neglected for years by the UFC, there is a glut of talent at this weight, yet the show has about 8 guys who were brought in because they're good fighters 8 guys who were brought in for some other reason(s). Hence the discussion.

Jake Short (who started this thread), a guy who beat Guillard, has a ton of fights, has fought tough competition and is rightfully frustrated to see guys on the show who don't have the skills, don't have the fights, haven't faced the competition, haven't driven all over the country to take fights on short notice, etc, etc, etc. That's what he means by "paying your dues".

Again this isn't about Lobstah OK? Nobody's saying you don't train hard. But you did fight like shit against Cole. So it begs the question of how you and others got the shot. Or more to the point, why? Why let Noah get the shot instead of BETTER FUCKING FIGHTERS? That's what this thread was about.

How anybody's going to compare Lobstah with Sokoudjou is beyond me. Sok was a world-class Judoka prior to fighting for Pride. Kos was a highly decorated wrestler prior to joining TUF (and Kos is vastly over rated as a fighter). BJ was a mundial champ before making his MMA debut. And those guys are the rare exceptions to the rule.

What's Berube's credentials? Well he owns a restaurant and had a couple fights in a local show in Florida...

But hey that's great for you Lobstah, you'll get your UFN fight (probably against Weems) and that'll probably be the last we see of you.

Really though I'm happy for you. I can understand where you're coming from; nobody'd pass on the opportunity. So nobody's hating on Lobstah.

But certainly you can understand why it sucks for all the 155 lb fighters who have sacrificed so much more for this sport than you ever will and may never get a chance to fight in the UFC?

I also beat Forrest Petz on 2 days notice..but anyway... hopefully i get my shot soon.. i could care less about being on the show... i just wanna make it to the big show and be a star

Man of Steel

hey man very well put...
sorry about the hijack just got caught up in it....
you might be right i will get the one shot on fight night and maybe never again...
i am gonna make the best of it and fight my ass off and i hope they pair me up with a real tough fight...
Jake i wish you the best i hope you get what you want it sounds like you really deserve it maybe monstah lobstah could sponsor some day...
www.monstahlobstah.com

Couldnt have said it any better. They are a joke except for about 4 of them. The rest... seriously. I dont know what to say. Cant believe this shit.

I hated Monstah at first...but now that I see he keeps responding and then putting up his website, he turned it around... This is a good angle to take...

Monstah if they interview you at the next UFN, you need to throw in your website or some type of reference to your restaurant

Yea, not pointing names out but UFC clearly has to do a better job in selecting fighters... I know there are a lot of good fighters out there that should've been put on the show but hopefully Dana starts to learn from these mistakes already.

Sorry buddy... the UFC does not select who gets on the show. The SpikeTV Producers choose who's on the show. The UFC can bring people in, and hold tryouts, but in the end it's not there decision who goes on the show.... and yes they are "reality" tv show producers, so they want drama in the house.

... i always thought that TUF was suppose to promote those fighter that have put in the work.

Nope... it's a "reality" tv show not the UFC

We don't watch the U.F.C. to see average guys. We watch to see the best in the world.

Well than continue to watch the UFC to see the best in the world fight. TUF is a "reality" tv show about 16 guys living in a house, training together on 2 teams, and eventually fighting to see who's the best in the house.

"From: goeb
Yea, not pointing names out but UFC clearly has to do a better job in selecting fighters... I know there are a lot of good fighters out there that should've been put on the show but hopefully Dana starts to learn from these mistakes already.
Sorry buddy... the UFC does not select who gets on the show. The SpikeTV Producers choose who's on the show. The UFC can bring people in, and hold tryouts, but in the end it's not there decision who goes on the show.... and yes they are "reality" tv show producers, so they want drama in the house.

... i always thought that TUF was suppose to promote those fighter that have put in the work.

Nope... it's a "reality" tv show not the UFC

We don't watch the U.F.C. to see average guys. We watch to see the best in the world.

Well than continue to watch the UFC to see the best in the world fight. TUF is a "reality" tv show about 16 guys living in a house, training together on 2 teams, and eventually fighting to see who's the best in the house."

Are you sure about all of that? I thought Dana said he was screening people.

Do you have any links to confirm this?

Are you sure about all of that? I thought Dana said he was screening people.

Do you have any links to confirm this?

I know people who were on the show... and I know people who were flown out to Vegas for personal interviews with the SpikeTV Producers and didn't make the show. The person who was interviewed by the SpikeTV Producers was very accomplished in his MMA and is a BJJ black belt. I know he would have given everyone who is in the house a run for there money. The UFC, Dana, and Joe Silva all really like him and have offered him UFC contracts, but he was not chosen for TUF show. From everything that I've heard it's a SpikeTV show, and they make the final decisions. I really would have loved to see him on the show, but they chose 16 other deserving guys who are making the show one of the best TUF I've seen.

Blake the snake Fredickson would have been a fine addition and better than many there. Kultar Gill would have been an interesting selection. Mark Bocek would have ran through everyone there.

What was his name? Jason Rienhart was also not selected due to some political BS. He ended up as an alternate.

From my understanding I thought the producers screened the fighters for entertainment purposes, but UFC screened them for background.

I have no clue about it other than what I've heard as well, I was just thinking maybe you had some solid proof. Not trying to give ya any grief though.

Spike probably has a say in some of the fighters, but Joe definitely ain't there for political reasons, thats for sure. Is he only on cause he knocked out the coach? Same with wiman, he's more outspoken than Joe,and I guess he has the face for the camera, but he's mainly on cause he's talented. Fact is, if the UFC really wanted to they could put their foot down on some of the fighters let on the show. Want to put Marlon on for entertainment purposes, fine, but he's not entertaining many people with his 50 second fight. Also Weems, what does that guy bring to the table for reality tv?

"Also Weems, what does that guy bring to the table for reality tv?"

Yeah, you definately have to wonder about that. No personality and no skills.

It's just like American Idol - the first round is designed to set up the second round. And by the way, I've turned into a Monstah fan thanks to his honest and humble responses on this site and I'm looking forward to watching what he can do on June 23 now that he has had a few months of real experience and hard core training. I think we're gonna be surprised.

This happens every season. Each one, I can name more talented fighters that were left off the show, bypassed for guys with lesser credentials.

Should it be about the best unsigned talent? No question. The fact that guys like Short, Frankie Edgar and Javier Vazquez (amongst others) were left off the show is puzzling. Yet, every season thus far we get guys like Ross Pointon (who had lost 6 of his last 7 fights leading up to the show), Jesse Forbes, Eli Joslin, et. all on the show.

I've seen actual lobsters put up more of a fight going into the boiling water

hey holly thanks for the support...
did you see the fight???
cause i landed a few punches and i got the take down...
he was a more exp. fighter it was my 4th time ever in the cage cole is no slug...
i got lots to work on for sure and no wheres near the fighter as most of the people that were in the house ...
i think its unfair to say i didnt put up any fight its not like i ran or got ktfo with one punch....
-MONSTAH-

Haha, nice.

Dude we wait all season with the expectation that we'll be seeing the best of the up and coming young fighters, granted last season was a hoot, but, personally I'm a fan of the show because of the new talent they theoretically showcase. You didn't run, you have big balls to do what you do-maybe someday you'll deserve a spot on a showcase like TUF but you didn't this time. That means someone who did got screwed out of an opportunity to do what they love and are best at,and I got screwed out of an opportunity to see them do it. That's not to say you didn't try your best, that's just to say that you came across, to me, as a restaurateur first and a fighter second. As a fan I have a problem with that. And I'm not saying it's your fault-I probably should have directed my lobster joke at ZUFFA somehow, but they never listen to anything I post. Unfortunately it falls on guys like you. I guess the bottom line gripe is there are way more qualified fighters who have been doing it longer, are better and have dedicated much bigger parts of their lives to their training, fighters that don't have a restaurant to fall back on when they lose-that should have gotten that slot and whom I should have had an opportunity to evaluate from my living room. That said, I wish you the best on fight night and hope you realize every dream you ever have in this sport.