TUF 6 is stupid!!!!!

If any division DIDN'T need a year's worth of hype, it's the WW division. There are at least 3 or 4 guys that could be immediate contenders for Matt Serra, including Hughes. Now we have to wait until next fall/winter for this title match. What about GSP?Koscheck? If the winner of Hughes/Serra gets injured it could be more than a year before the others get their shot.

If anything needs hype it's the MW/LHW divisions, imo.

Is it for sure going to be only WW's?

WOuld have rather seen a HW or MW .

i will never understand why they didnt use chuck and rampage. rampage would be a huge star, he's the most marketable guy in the UFC

I don't believe they should tie any of the championships up in a tv show. They have to be defended.
Use the tv show to find new fighters and make stars out of the fighters.

Would have liked to see them break it up again and have maybe LHW's and WW's.

Couldn't agree more. It's retarded. Odds are that whoever ends up fighting the winner of Hughes/Serra -- in February 2008 or whenever that happens -- will have a loss in his last couple fights.

The only way they can attempt to salvage it would be to have Koscheck/Fitch, winner gets title shot -- that way, whichever of them wins will have had a 4 or so fight streak. Any other matchups between GSP, Diego, Kos and Fitch could very well end up with a pool of contenders who are all 1-1 in their last two fights.

And realistically, with the number of shows left between now and then, I would imagine these guys will probably be fighting twice more, making it even more likely that none will have better than a 2-win streak going (at best) before stepping in for a title shot.

no it's for a title shot.....The Dana said it in the interview with Serra and Rogan during UFC 70

there are some decisions that Dana makes for hardcore fans. then there are decisions for gaining a new audience. TUF 6 will be for the new audience.

meh, whateva. As long as they have a fight at the end I'm down with any weight class.

Don't overanalyze.

Serra finally gets his dues, and the hype will grow.

I'm pretty excited about the next season.

Best wedding present Serra is getting, he can honeymoon as the champ in comfort.

"i will never understand why they didnt use chuck and rampage. rampage would be a huge star, he's the most marketable guy in the UFC"

Rampage is an ASS, along with the Shonies, the Krazy Horses, etc... I'm not a big Chuck fan but hope he brains that moron in a BIG way...

I think it's pretty cool that someone can hang on to the belt for a little while and enjoy the championship. I think it creates some legitimacy to the title instead of constant turnover. IMO... make the guys underneath "really" earn their shot...

"Rampage is an ASS, along with the Shonies, the Krazy Horses, etc.."

Hmm...Is this a subtle way of saying you don't like athletic, explosive fighters?

"Hmm...Is this a subtle way of saying you don't like athletic, explosive fighters?"

Not at all.. I'm just over the whole pseudo WWF/antic bullshit to be honest. I understand the demographic etc., etc.. But guys like that just annoy me to no end. Listening to Rampage talk about his 8 kids or whatever the number is and "X" amount of "wives" does nothing for MMA or the UFC... That fucking howl is annoying and his chain is pathetic. I'm not questioning his "talent." Or lack there-of however. As well, I really enjoyed watching Shonie get his ass whipped in front of his fellow Marines by Davis (correction)..

"Rampage is an ASS, along with the Shonies, the Krazy Horses, etc.."

Someones hating on black folks.

"Someones hating on black folks."

I knew that was coming... Not the case BTW...

I think Baroni is an ASS as well, and let's see, numerous morons on TUF... Oh yeah, Koscheck too, another idiot...

I meant "Davis." I stand corrected...