TUF Ratings continue to slide 640k viewers -17%

According to Nielsen sources, the preliminary overnight rating for episode five landed at 640k. Last night’s episode saw a 17% drop from last weeks show, which landed at 778k total viewers.

http://themmareport.com/2013/10/tuf-18-episode-five-preliminary-overnight-ratings/

That just proves my theory.

Roxy=Ratings Phone Post

In for mmalogics excuse Phone Post

it seems people care less about the men.  epside 3 pulled 639k viewers and last night 640k.

compared to 778k and 870k for the women.

This season has still not hit the lowest for an episode which is 624k on fx for tuf 16 episode 5.

MMALOGIC -

it seems people care less about the men.  epside 3 pulled 639k viewers and last night 640k.

This season has still not hit the lowest for an episode which is 624k on fx for tuf 16 episode 5.

Getting pretty close Phone Post

That's it?  The best you can do is say it's not the worst ever by 16k viewers?

LOL.

The fight itself wasn't competitive, but there would've been no way to know something like that ahead of time. It may be a case where viewers like to watch the women fight more than the men, but my guess is that if the show is slipping in terms of ratings, then it has more to do with TUF's production, and a format that's getting redundant. Let's see if the ratings finally flatten out after next week's episode, and start to look more similar from week to week. Phone Post 3.0

I still watch it so doesn't bother me. Personally my least favourite was Cruz vs Faber live fights and didn't really watch Carwin vs Nelson. Phone Post

Glovegate - 

LOL.

In all fairness, he said more about it than you did.

And agreed on Roxy=ratings!!

Team GDP - 
MMALOGIC -

Getting pretty close Phone Post

the average for the season will certainly be the lowest.  tuf 16 averaged 828k.  this season the average so far is tuf 738k.  The numbers would be worse if tuf didnt have the female element to it.

Fans def care more about the women this season, next week will go back up and then down and then up.

Maybe they should have done a full female season. 

zedlepln - 
Glovegate - 

LOL.

In all fairness, he said more about it than you did.

And agreed on Roxy=ratings!!

In all fairness, the garbage number says more than I ever could.

I thought women on the show would make me watch again.

I was wrong Phone Post 3.0

Reed Rothchild - Nobody cares about TUF Phone Post 3.0

tuf is the #1 program on fs1.   if nobody cared it wouldnt be beating college football and nascar.   A UFC reality show is beating everything on fs1.

These numbers are bad for zuffa in terms of how it will translate into ticket, merchandise, and ppv sales... but the UFC is still kicking ass relatively speaking.

You fucking turds.

The fans DO NOT care about the women. THAT'S WHY NO ONE IS WATCHING THIS STUPID SHIT AND IT IS THE WORST RATINGS EVER!

The fans who are LEFT want to watch the women.

The UFC is slowly committing suicide with their fatigued, lame products that people are losing interest in.....

watching women in the house is kind of interesting but the men are just dul..nno fighters stand out as being exciting or fun to watch..just a bunch of grapplers and c-level kickboxers..same old shit basically..Urijah hall was such a breathe of fresh air..

RKing85 - I thought women on the show would make me watch again.

I was wrong Phone Post 3.0

Ditto, except that I was only half wrong: I'm watching every other show.

Just can't get interested in the show anymore Phone Post

I watched for the first time in years. I was turned off by Rousey's ridiculous attitude. Plus that coachon her team that tries to mean mug everyone. Dana should have let Hallman stomp a mudhole into that guy

Haulport - You fucking turds.

The fans DO NOT care about the women. THAT'S WHY NO ONE IS WATCHING THIS STUPID SHIT AND IT IS THE WORST RATINGS EVER!

The fans who are LEFT want to watch the women.

The UFC is slowly committing suicide with their fatigued, lame products that people are losing interest in.....

Totally disagree. I am pretty impressed with the level of women in mma. Their skills have converted me to a believer. My problem is that I don't feel Rhonda nor Tate deserve to be coaching a TUF. I am absolutely sick of seeing Rousey everywhere. Maybe with a few wins inside the UFC I could have been convinced, but it seemed way too early for me. But, that said, how do people expect the UFC to introduce the new era of womens mma without putting it on TUF or some place to create more awareness. I would be less annoyed if it had been an all women house. If you are going to use the TUF as a showcase for new talent in a new division then do that. I don't like the whole half n half thing. All that said, they did get me to watch the first 3 episodes and I haven't been interested in that show in years. I see what they are trying to accomplish though.