TUF8 LightHeavies Observation

Everyone was pretty inexperienced going in to the show. Out of the guys left in the UFC, most had only been fighting for a short time, take a look:

-Ryan Bader Debut: 3/31/2007 (1-0 UFC)
-Eliot Marshall debut: 2/11/2006 (2-0 UFC)
-Tom Lawlor debut: 3/10/2007 (2-0 UFC)
-Kyle Kingsbury debut: 6/10/2006 (0-1 UFC)
-Krystof: debuted in 2003, but only recently moved to Team Quest full time (3-0 UFC)

-Vinny Magalhaes debuted at the end of 2006, and just recently began fighting full time
-Shane Primm had 1 pro fight (a dq win over me) before TUF8, and trains full-time w/ Gracie Tampa now
-Jules Bruchez might be dead, i'm not sure

but my point in all of this is that with all of the bad rap that TUF fighters seem to get nowadays, there is real talent on some of the seasons, and I especially think that the lhw's coming off of TUF8 have huge upsides in the future.

sweeeeeeeet

nice info. just bleed guy

i think there is a lot of talent in the later TUF episodes

but i also think that the earlier TUFs were more jampacked with talent

it seems like on the recent seasons we get 65% mediocre talented fellas and a 35% showing of dudes who can go a long way in MMA..not just the UFC

the TUF where it was called THE COMEBACK (UFC vet. TUF) was the best imo..because there was no doubt to the talent in the house

ive also heard about how the best talent shown in the tryouts of the later TUFs are not always picked..lamesauce imo. anyways, good lookin out big bearded buddy

Tom, how was the fight vs Primm going prior to the DQ? Who had the upper hand?

Depends who you ask, I'm still waiting to see video of it...

I'm asking you!

I think I was, but I haven't seen it in retrospect....

We exchanged a few punches, clinched and I got a takedown, he threw up a triangle, I lifted him up and walked him over to my corner, placed him down and passed to side, locked up a d'arce, let go after a few seconds, then illegally knee'd him.

this is all from my memory during the fight, so like I said it may be different than I remember.

It's a moot point, he has the win on his record and I'm fine with that. I learned, and at this point we are both better fighters than we were then I'm sure.

shut your mouth tuf noob

thanks for the writeup Tom. I know a lot of people were/are curious about your only loss.

well Bader almost knocked my head off, that is a loss too even though it doesn't show up on my record...

it is the fight that has made the biggest difference on my career so far

"-Jules Bruchez might be dead, i'm not sure"

Didn't he want to be a chef or something if MMA didn't work out for him? Wherever Jules is now he still had one of the funniest moments of TUF 8 when right after he won his first fight to get in the house he immediately got up, roared, then pointed at Dana White and the coaches and said "did you see that shit!" followed by "I didn't even throw a punch!" ending with a very serious "I'm here to win!"

Jules is one of the funniest people I've ever met, seriously.

His personality didn't translate as well to TV unfortunately.

he was sick a lot as soon as we got in to the house...so he was probably sleeping when a lot of the drama went down

I heard jules is working on a shrimp boat and doing well

Shane Primm just got a "W" over Mike Dolce down to 185 now

Vinny sucks, he should just give up fighting and go back to bjj, he's just a pretty boy who doesn't like to get hit in the face. He's way one dimensional fighter, his stand up sucks,  he's way too over rated, and he got lucky against Krzysztof.

ps: I am just helping the haters to save their time... :)

BREAKING NEWS:

VINNY MAGALHAES vs. LANCE EVANS (10/24/2009)

I WILL GIVE MORE DETAILS LATER ON.....

Look forward to watching you fight Vinny

I still cannot believe you got cut.  I thought you beat Elliot but it was close enough for me to not say it was a robbery.  I am sure with your skill it is just a matter of  time til you are back in the UFC.

Good luck at Abu Dabhi.

Yelm -  I still cannot believe you got cut.  I thought you beat Elliot but it was close enough for me to not say it was a robbery.  I am sure with your skill it is just a matter of  time til you are back in the UFC.

Good luck at Abu Dabhi.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Vinicius  - Vinny sucks, he should just give up fighting and go back to bjj, he's just a pretty boy who doesn't like to get hit in the face. He's way one dimensional fighter, his stand up sucks,  he's way too over rated, and he got lucky against Krzysztof.

ps: I am just helping the haters to save their time... :)

hey man you got a problem with vinny you have to deal with me!
just kidding man its good to see you on here Mr. Magalhaes good luck in your career.

thanks for the info Mr. lawlor hope to see you fight again soon