Twilight Zone MMA moments

Andy ko's Belfort with his toes

1 Like

kimbos loss to seth, standing

kimbo escaping shamrocks choke

Jump Kick -

Upright stance BJ was a mindfuck for his fans.

I was a huge Penn fan at the time and he was the only high profile fighter I hadnt seen live yet, I use to go to a ton of fights

I was at the event and when he started on his tippie toes I lost my shit.... the outcome was very predictable 

1 Like
Bobby Lupo -

Yves Edwards putting himself into Mark Hominick's triangle. 

Ken Shamrock getting KO'd by Buzz Berry

Couture getting KO'd by a punch to the shoulder

Couture getting KTFO by a Crane Kick 

I remember Edwards just putting himself right in that triangle.

i remember ken shamrock getting "knocked out" by a punch by buzz berry that was 3 inches from his face. It may have grazed his gloves, I can't rememver exactly

i remember couture getting killed by machida

but I do not remember couture getting knocked out from a punch to the shoulder

Biggest wtf moment for me that was surreal was ryo chonan hitting that flying scissors into a heel hook. It was so fast and I just sat there shocked.....Anderson Silva wasn't the known killer he is now but he was still a killer and was well on his way to winning that

1 Like

When Tito submitted Bader. I gave him 0 chances of winning that fight. That was just unbelievable to me at the time

shibbyguy - 
Bobby Lupo -

i remember ken shamrock getting "knocked out" by a punch by buzz berry that was 3 inches from his face. It may have grazed his gloves, I can't rememver exactly

I came here to say Randy v. Brock.

The fight was going as expected. Randy was controlling and beating up the inexperienced big man. And then he gets KOd by Brock’s freaking bicep.

wiggum - 
shibbyguy - 
Bobby Lupo -

The fight was going as expected. Randy was controlling and beating up the inexperienced big man. And then he gets KOd by Brock’s freaking bicep.

I lost 2 grand on that shit. I rewatched it a few times over the years and I've come to the conclusion that the knee that Brock landed to Randy's chin must have really messed him up, but that was a hard pill to swallow when it happened. 

The entire Franklin-Shamrock fight was a TZ moment, not just the famous flop. Shamrock cranking the leg and letting go. Shamrock throwing a high kick and just falling down waiting to be GNP'd. 

When Anderson Silvas leg snapped. The fight was starting to turn in his favour and it seemed like everything was about to go to script then heeeellll no.

Khabib going after Danis and the dudes jumping into the ring. That escalated fast. Reminded me of watching the Tyson Holyfield ear biting live as a 12 or 13 year old, questioning what the fuck I was actually seeing.

Leading Kimo out carrying the cross vs Royce, Joe Son celebrating when Royce pulled out of the Hackney fight, carrying and dropping the cross on the way to the cage, getting his nuts punched to Bolivia, debuting in PRIDE The Best, in a leopard thong and makeup and quitting, appearing in Austin Powers as Random Task, and then getting arrested for kidnapping, gang rape and torture before killing his cellmate in jail after the rape conviction.

The entire Joe Son story from start to finish is just bizarre.

The Rafiel Torre story is crazy too.

- YouTube

BJ Penn Forever - Leading Kimo out carrying the cross vs Royce, Joe Son celebrating when Royce pulled out of the Hackney fight, carrying and dropping the cross on the way to the cage, getting his nuts punched to Bolivia, debuting in PRIDE The Best, in a leopard thong and makeup and quitting, appearing in Austin Powers as Random Task, and then getting arrested for kidnapping, gang rape and torture before killing his cellmate in jail after the rape conviction.

The entire Joe Son story from start to finish is just bizarre.

Ain’t no doubt about it.

The CM Punk Saga was pretty bizarre.

Random professional wrestler with no background in combat sports signs a contract with the UFC. Anybody who knows anything says what a joke it is. He has two fights and it is just as terrible as could have been predicted.

wiggum - The CM Punk Saga was pretty bizarre.

Random professional wrestler with no background in combat sports signs a contract with the UFC. Anybody who knows anything says what a joke it is. He has two fights and it is just as terrible as could have been predicted.

That might just be the craziest one. 

Kimbo Slice's entire career from the backyard to Bellator. Every fight he was in looked like no other fight I have ever seen. 

Bobby Lupo - 

Kimbo Slice's entire career from the backyard to Bellator. Every fight he was in looked like no other fight I have ever seen. 

Good one.

For some reason, Toney v. Randy was NOT Twilight Zone to me. Maybe it's because I came of age during the early days of the UFC. But, it felt like a throwback to a familiar time.

On the other hand, Conor v. Mayweather was weird as hell.

RobGMAA -

Vitor koing Rockhold with a spinning kick.  I had Brian Ebersole on my couch watching it with me and his chin hit the floor and just said did that just happen???

Damn, nice name drop.

wiggum -
shibbyguy - 
Bobby Lupo -

Ahhh I don’t guess I’ve seen that fight in quite some time. I remember being pissed that Randy lost but not how he lost. I need to rewatch it.

also how much of ken shamrocks career is a work? Buzz berry, rich franklin, kimbo? I’m sure some pancrase fights but I haven’t seen many of those