Twitter putting warnings on Trump's tweets.

lol - what a strange time. 

The lead up to the U.S election is going to be filled with hatred.   

12 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-twitter-trump/twitter-places-fact-check-notification-on-trump-tweet-about-mail-in-ballots-idUSKBN232389?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

"Twitter confirmed this was the first time it had applied a fact-checking label to a tweet by the president, in an extension of its new “misleading information” policy introduced this month to combat misinformation about the coronavirus.

"SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Twitter (TWTR.N) on Tuesday for the first time prompted readers to check the facts in tweets sent by U.S. President Donald Trump, warning his claims about mail-in ballots were false and had been debunked by fact checkers.
The blue exclamation mark notification prompted readers to “get the facts about mail-in ballots” and directed them to a page with news articles and information about the claims aggregated by Twitter staffers.

Trump makes unsubstantiated claim that mail-in ballots will lead to voter fraud,” said a headline at the top of the page, followed by a “what you need to know” section correcting three false or misleading claims made in the tweets.

The company said at the time it would later extend the policy on disputed or misleading information about COVID-19 to other topics."

3 Likes

Fuck Twitter. It's pretty sad it's the only way Trump can get his word out.

31 Likes

Trump campaign is freaking out... lol. Naturally they should just boycott and endorse the OAN of social media feeds or something.

7 Likes

I really don't know why Trump doesn't start his own website.

There was a study that if Twitter lost Trump, their visiting base would drop hugely!

Honestly.. they have no business "working into" his tweets. Even if he is wrong or not. This social media networking is targeting the right hardcore.

3 Likes

MarcusAurelioFan - 

There was a study that if Twitter lost Trump, their visiting base would drop hugely!

Honestly.. they have no business "working into" his tweets. Even if he is wrong or not. This social media networking is targeting the right hardcore.

I've thought the same thing. Just create Trump news.

kingofpancakes - 
MarcusAurelioFan - 

I've thought the same thing. Just create Trump news.

Hell Yeah! Trump News! Nothing like state tv to own the libs!

They actually tried this on youtube for a bit, and that got shut down after claims of state tv.

Now he COULD do a website and say whatever he wants, and that would have no real policing. But doesnt Trump campaign already do this with emails to his base?

As far as twitter, if the President of the United States is publicly putting out disinformation to the US citizens on their platform, they have the right to fact check it as they see fit. Its their own platform after all.

2 Likes

Twitter has no credibility in anything they do. they are trash. They and the left can use words like "science" "experts" and "facts" all they want to try steer their narrative. They have been full of shit and manipulative over and over again. 

15 Likes

so 80% of his tweets will now have labels?

9 Likes

3 Likes

MarcusAurelioFan -

Bloomberg analysis found Twitter would lose billions in valuation if Trump left.

Journalists are the most active group on the site, and 10% of liberals account for 80% of all tweets in America.

They need him to remain relevant.

4 Likes

Lol whats he going to do to twitter

OblongBox -

Twitter done goofed

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
5m
@Twitter
is now interfering in the 2020 Presidential Election. They are saying my statement on Mail-In Ballots, which will lead to massive corruption and fraud, is incorrect, based on fact-checking by Fake News CNN and the Amazon Washington Post....

kingofpancakes - 

Fuck Twitter. It's pretty sad it's the only way Trump can get his word out.

If that's the only way he can get his message out he's a complete moron. Most prominent position on the planet and only way he can get his message out is through social media?

9 Likes

tr4v -

Any one of us would have been banned by Twitter today for the same.

MarcusAurelioFan - 
OblongBox -

Twitter done goofed

I wonder if he actually will/can do anything.  

OblongBox - 

seems like his people should tell him how free speech works...

3 Likes

DY2 -

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
5m
@Twitter
is now interfering in the 2020 Presidential Election. They are saying my statement on Mail-In Ballots, which will lead to massive corruption and fraud, is incorrect, based on fact-checking by Fake News CNN and the Amazon Washington Post....

Trump is a funny dude.

I guess Reuters is fake news now too?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-election-pennsylva/in-pennsylvania-signs-that-trumps-attacks-on-mail-voting-could-backfire-idUSKBN22R1FL

tr4v -

Shut them down for the safety of the american people!?!?!?! Wait..... this is all so confusing.