Two ALIENS fighting (cobrinha vs mendes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ZhzMWi9VI

sick sick sick

Daniel / CGJJ Holland

Looks like they were trading sweeps from the same position the entire match.

50/50 to 50/50 sweep. Without the reverse heelhook to exploit in that position all they can do is the scissor sisters tango aka. roshambo

all kidding aside. that was one of the most technical bjj matches i've ever seen. mendes even used cobrinha's own sweep against him in the start. the ref almost scored 2 for cobrinha in the dying seconds that wouldve tied the scores but mendes managed to get on all fours, preventing the sweep. i think the final score was 6 - 4 mendes.

I hope we get to see these guys meet up at the Mundials. They need a 10 minute match.

LOL at 7:15

ttt!

I hate 50/50 for just that reason.

The video

that's jiujitsu?

"that's jiujitsu? "

I have to agree with your sentiments.....a stallers game and boring as hell!

Yeah there were some awesome match ups in that division!!!

I respect both guys but seeing two competitors sitting on their butts staring at each other is fucking embarrassing.

The78Circus - that's jiujitsu?

Yep. So is this:

http://www.scissormetimbers.com/assets/scissor-me-timbers.jpg

In all seriousness - the 50/50 is lethal in no gi when you can actually throw in the heel hooks.

rk454 - I respect both guys but seeing two competitors sitting on their butts staring at each other is fucking embarrassing.

it looked like they were both squatting for a crap instead of competing in a match. it really is moving too far from the street application that it started with. like judo, it has become encumbered with rules but at least with judo they can toss you in real-time.
i wish we could mix gi with striking, throws and grappling like they do in some other forms of jiu-jitsu. that would put an end to the butt-flop/crap-squat.

lol@ the dueling buttflops.

and if the heelhook is going to be banned in BJJ they should just ban the 50/50 position alltogether.

Lumbricus terrestris -  What i dont like are two guys buttflopping at the same time and scissoring each other for 5 minutes. Technical? Yes. Getting away from what bjj was meant to be? Yes.

Scissoring   lol

But seriously, I agree...I do like the more self defense oriented  Jiu jitsu that Torrance empasizes..

Where can I find information on the 50/50 sweeps and set ups? I find myself there all the time but don't know what to do...I mean I have one go to sweep but that is about it.
Any help would be great.

Horus2001 - 
rk454 - I respect both guys but seeing two competitors sitting on their butts staring at each other is fucking embarrassing.

it looked like they were both squatting for a crap instead of competing in a match. it really is moving too far from the street application that it started with. like judo, it has become encumbered with rules but at least with judo they can toss you in real-time.
i wish we could mix gi with striking, throws and grappling like they do in some other forms of jiu-jitsu. that would put an end to the butt-flop/crap-squat.

You mean like combat Sambo?

Maybe if the takedown was worth more, we'd see less cases of fighters in a race to pull half guard and just sitting there looking at each other for 2 mins. If a takedown that ends up past the guard was worth 4 points, would more fighters go for it? I'm not advocating turning BJJ rules into Judo rules, but I'm getting fed up of watching fights where both pull guard and it turns into a case of wait and see who's finnaly gonna be the one to actually sit up and try to pass... I don't agree with penalising guard pulling as it's a valid strategy, but maybe the lure of 4 points might motivate people to attack a bit more...

BenJay - 
Horus2001 - 

You mean like combat Sambo?

You took the words right out of my mouth. Combat Sambo is the sport you are looking for.