"Two Sided" Mouthpiece= better KO protection?

Maybe, but near impossible to breathe through.

I had the same problem.Couldn't keep the mouthguard in my mouth.Kept getting that gag reflex.

Talked to the owner of gladiator and he explained to me that his mouthguard would not allow the gag reflex....I believed him and was not let down.

The others don't even compare.....

But whenever I seen guys in the UFC or Pride in the corner getting the mouthpiece taken out, I don't think Ive seen this type.

Thats because everyone now uses customfit mouth guards(specifically made for that individual fighter) and to my knowldge no one makes a custom double.

cortXbomb - I tried a full mouthpiece once but I am like half-retarded so this style made my lower jaw stick out and I felt rocked even when just testing it out by punching myself mildly.

The top-only piece lets my jaw close more naturally and it feels better when I hit myself.
wat?

How bout the ones some boxers use, which are just separate mouthpieces for top and bottom?

I use an Everlast  "ever guard" double mouthpiece and I love it - I think its actually easier to breathe out of than 1 sided mouthpieces

ShanTheMan - How bout the ones some boxers use, which are just separate mouthpieces for top and bottom?
Margacheato does that.

You do see some people use the double ones in MMA/Boxing.  When Diego did his famous "YES!" entrance, he had a green Brain Pad in.

I wonder if it would be possible to get a custom upper one that was extra thick on the bottom along the sides so your upper and lower teeth would be slightly seperated to make a channel at the front to breathe through? 

Icedog I'm looking at you for an answer ;-)

ttt

deafwoody, where can you purchase a gladiator mouthpiece and why do you think its better than the 2 sided brain pad?

ez - But whenever I seen guys in the UFC or Pride in the corner getting the mouthpiece taken out, I don't think Ive seen this type.

Thats because everyone now uses customfit mouth guards(specifically made for that individual fighter) and to my knowldge no one makes a custom double.

Then someone should create a new market

Baki Stout - deafwoody, where can you purchase a gladiator mouthpiece and why do you think its better than the 2 sided brain pad?
http://customguards.com/

ITweakRashad'sNips - 
Baki Stout - deafwoody, where can you purchase a gladiator mouthpiece and why do you think its better than the 2 sided brain pad?
http://customguards.com/

This is the website for ordering.

Why do I like it.
Fit There is nothing quite like it.I actually have a hard time getting it out when I'm done training.It fits that tight.Also I have a bad gag reflex and had a hard time wearing other mouthguards...Just doesn't exist with my gladiator.

The mouthguard also is thicker then other boil and bites I have used.So I have never felt that the padding wasn't enough.Also u can get it thicker (that's an option).I grabbed the thickest one I can get.

As far as the breathing I had a harder time with the double sided.Again I haven't noticed any problem with not being able to breath so obviouslly it isn't a problem.

Last it was cool being able to put my own graphics on it.Also has my name in case I leave it at the gym.

Also when u order it and do the impressions for the mouthguard they send the impressions back so u basically get ur next mouthguard at half pricebecause u already have everything ready and don't have to take the moulds again.

All this and customer service is top notch.

Hope this helps

deafwoody, did you get the Gladiator Elite?

I'm looking for a thick one with maximum protection, but I've heard stuff about the elite being too thick, someone on sherdog mentioned a 'split lip issue' with it but didn't elaborate.

No problems like that, or it being too bulky to fit under your upper lip right?

Thanks guys, the info will help!

Might prevent a KO, but it won't reduce the damage to the brain. Get punched sufficiently hard, and you'll still get a concussion.

Yeah I bought the elite.(I think that was there best one.It was the thickest.

I had no issues with it being to thick to go under my upper lip.The only thing is I cracked my Palate from cheek to cheek in a baseball collison about 10 years ago.So when they did the surgery they basically peeled back my face from the upper lip to the eyes so my upper lip doesn't have the piece right under the nose(I hope that explained it).So I have no problem with my upper lip being to tight to my face.

I still remember being doped up on morphine after the surgery and I asked to blow my nose.The nurse said I wouldn't be able to and gave me a kleenex anyways.When I started to blow all the air came out just under my eye.....I was a little freaked out but it all worked out in the end.Thank god I was stoned...lol

If u have any questions that aren't being answered shoot gladiator mouthguards a email.I sent him a couple before I made a decision.Great guy.

www.starsguards.com

best custom guards out there. they fit great, stay perfectly in place, and protect very well.

Jeff is a super cool guy and will really work to help you out.

check em out.

The Messiah - Hey Mr. Arlovski, glad to see you on the UG, I'm a fan. Anyways I don't think a 2 sides mouthpiece is going to affect much in your fight coming up. just stay tight boxing and try not to get into any firefight exchanges. Not all of us are born with a great chin.

Good luck Andrei.

His post get deleted?

www.customguards.com is the best way to go.

You can get a gladiator piece at www.customguards.com