Tysaw's breathing drills?

Where can I get the breathing drills that Tysaw was talking about in his post about winning the Pan Ams?

td11,

You can find them in any of the following videos: FISTICUFFS Peak Performance (http://www.amerross.com/fisticuffs.html) or DYKHANIYE Respiratory Enhancement (http://www.zdorovye.com/zdorovye/dykhaniye.html).

Fraternal,

Scott

Scott,
Thank you very much. I will be ordering one of those very soon. Is one better than the other?
Thank you,
Todd

Todd,

What does your training direction comprise? If you list your training goals, I can direct you to the proper resource.

frat.,

s

Scott,
My direction is to not just start competing in BJJ but to win. I have competed in Karate for 10 years but grappling is a different animal. I am trying to not only control my emotions but also increase my stamina for grappling. I am also looking for this to help me with my entire self defense system.

Thank you,

Todd

Todd,

Here's what I suggest then:

1. Dykhaniye Respiratory Enhancement

2. Flow State Performance Spiral (audio or video tape)

3. Somatic Engineering of Combat

4. Shock-Absorption

You can find them all located at www.amerross.com/products.html

Those materials comprise your key to proper respiration, mental agility, attentional strength, and physical doggedness to win in combat sports.

Contact Bruce or myself directly with any questions.

Fraternal,

Scott

Thank you Scott, I will look into getting those products.

Todd

While we're on the subject of tysaw's program, what are Tabata intervals?

John C., they are high intensity interval training protocols. Basically, they involve 20 sec. sprint type activities followed by 10 secs. rest...repeated 8 to 10x. The activities can vary according to your preferences. For ex. stair running, hill sprints, rope skipping, bag work, etc. Also, you can do calisthentics (shrimps, pushups, sit ups, dips, etc.) or even weight training (for ex. pullups for 20 secs./rest, repeat 8-10x). The intensity should be very high. A Japanese researcher, Tabata, recently published a study where he studied various exercise protocols for aerobic/anaerobic and fat loss effects. If you go to Clarence Bass's website (the author of Ripped series) he has a very good article on the science and research of Tabata. From my experience, HIIT are perfect for combat athletes...especially if combined with breath training. The are short, brutal and mimic grappling and combative training very well. They will improve your endurance, breathing and recovery very rapidly without marathon sessions. Hope this helps.

Thanks, tysaw.