Tyson Griffin vs Jim Miller

UFC 108: Tyson Griffin vs Jim Miller under consideration for Jan. 2

Surging lightweight contender Tyson Griffin (14-2) is in talks to take on the venerable Jim Miller (15-2) at UFC 108 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Jan. 2, 2010, MMAmania.com can confirm.

The embattled Griffin finally notched himself a finish inside the Octagon after knocking off Hermes Franca at UFC 103 on Sept. 19 in Dallas. The talented Xtreme Couture product is the winner of a staggering five “Fight of the Night” bonuses but had gone to a decision in seven straight bouts dating back to 2006 and taking heat from fans and media alike in his inability to seal the deal — despite going 6-2 during that span.

The veteran lightweight seemed to be keeping himself out of serious title consideration for his inability to finish, something likely to be forgotten — and quickly — if he can make it two stoppages in a row with a finish over the crafty wrestler.

Miller is fresh off a technical knockout win over Steve Lopez at the same event, during which Lopez and his shoulder decided to part ways early into the second round, effectively halting the bout.

Tyson, just fight Nate Diaz already. 

2:15 mark for the beef

LayzieTheSavage - Tyson, just fight Nate Diaz already. 

you think tyson will get title shot after this one?

urijahblupit - you think tyson will get title shot after this one?

I hope not. 

Tyson Griffin will provide us another boring fight

Benefits Miller more than Griffin.  I hope Jim pulls it out.

"Tyson Griffin will provide us another boring fight."

That might be the most retarded statement I've ever heard. I'm guessing you mean because most of his fights go to decision, you think that equates to boring. All his fights are wars and highly entertaining. Miller is tough and this will be a good scrap.

"The embattled Griffin finally notched himself a finish inside the Octagon after knocking off Hermes Franca at UFC 103 on Sept. 19 in Dallas."

Didnt he rear choke a guy in his UFC debut?

I don't know why people complain about Griffin going to decision; he always has exciting fights and tries to finish.

Miller is going to rip his leg off, though.

This is a real fight fans fight. Might go all three but i guarantee it will be exciting. Miller by sub.

HELWIG -  "The embattled Griffin finally notched himself a finish inside the Octagon after knocking off Hermes Franca at UFC 103 on Sept. 19 in Dallas."

Didnt he rear choke a guy in his UFC debut?

Yes, Tyson RNC'ed british David Lee in his UFC debut.

Maynard crushed Miller with sharp, technical boxing and Tyson will do the same I believe.

He beat david lee who looked like he belonged nowhere near the UFC.

rewatch Griffin vs Sherk and tell me Tyson is boring...bitches

Tyson is an exciting fighter, this fight will be no exception.

This will not be a boring fight....

Poindexter -  Benefits Miller more than Griffin.  

Exactly the point of this thread. 

I wasn't saying Griffin is boring. . . 

Nate Diaz did... 

So god damn it Tyson, just take the Nate Diaz fight already!

What are you waiting for?!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?!

^