Tyson: I'd have done fine in MMA except ...

TMZ Sports spoke recently woth 54-year-old boxing legend and huge MMA fan "Iron" Mike Tyson about whether he could have made it as an MMA fighter. Tyson expressed enthusiasm for the sport, and appreciation for how much respect Brazilian MMA fighters have for boxing, noting that previously the only Brazilian figure he knew of in combat sports was the legendary Eder Jofre.

"I could of done all that stuff," said Tyson. "I could of done all that stuff, but once someone stepped on my foot, I would of tapped out. My feet are my weak spot! You step on my feet, I'm gonna tap out!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu-YzN_pwIE

![](upload://x1QeYuXYUqpB7nNACKtD7P9Vo5y.gif)

12 Likes

weak or not, i wouldnt step on his damn feet for the simple fact of how he'd react in that first split second by swinging out of anger and pain.... f that!!!!

Tyson could still break into the top five today with nothing more than his punching power.

Rabid Bunyip -

He looks so wholesome & kind here, like a friendly old jazz musician. 

Some fighters have such low fight IQ that they would stand and trade with him. He’d get pretty far

1 Like

Early 90s Tyson vs Mark Coleman and Igor Vovchanchyn would have been lit. 

I'm sure this was news on here a couple of weeks ago

Art Jimmerson paved the way for so many great boxers in MMA!

Just cause he saw Izzy doing the rapey rapey it don't mean that's the standard celebration 

Mike gonna Mike tho 

now we all know the secret to woopin tysons ass!

In order for me to step on his foot, i would have to be close enough for him to hit me and I'm good on that lol

1 Like

Roy Jones Jr. Is practicing the foot stomp as I type. 

3 Likes
bhfsim - 

Roy Jones Jr. Is practicing the foot stomp as I type. 

you can't stomp his foot running away unfortunately

Rabid Bunyip - 

They shouldn’t let the age difference stop them from making this super fight Francis isn’t that much older than Mike.

iqwrestler - 

Coleman beats 90s Tyson

90s Tyson murders Igor … The level of striking technical difference is huge(in Tysons favor) and Tyson is much faster and more powerful guy

It would take the absolute best kickboxer back then to have a decent chance vs Tyson. A guy that could chop Tysobs legs down before he could get in. Tyson would get in on Ernesto and Aerts though

ons ear - 
iqwrestler - 

Coleman beats 90s Tyson

90s Tyson murders Igor … The level of striking technical difference is huge(in Tysons favor) and Tyson is much faster and more powerful guy

It would take the absolute best kickboxer back then to have a decent chance vs Tyson. A guy that could chop Tysobs legs down before he could get in. Tyson would get in on Ernesto and Aerts though

How would Tyson vs Matrix Anderson go?