Tyson Tells Rogan How He Feels About Jake Paul Challenging Him

1 Like

In his latest appearance on The Joe Rogan Experience , world-famous boxer Mike Tyson spoke about how it has felt to come out of retirement for a series of charity bouts—and the ongoing speculation that he could be stepping into the ring with YouTuber turned fighter Jake Paul.

“When you get challenged by someone like Jake Paul, does it piss you off?” Rogan asked.

“It doesn’t, I think it’s awesome,” said Tyson. “I think it’s cool.”

The former heavyweight champion went on to explain that far from being insulted or angered by the presumption of the Paul brothers (older fighter Logan once said he thinks he has what it takes to knock Tyson out), he doesn’t engage his ego on these kinds of things, so it’s all like water off a duck’s back.

“You can’t take yourself too serious,” he added. “The world will turn on you if you take yourself too serious. Who the hell am I to take myself too serious? I made all this money, I got this reputation… I have a great life, how am I gonna be mad at somebody? When you think about it, my ego is not involved, how could I really be mad at somebody?”

This is a perspective that Tyson has been able to cultivate later in life, but he admitted that he does remember when he felt differently back at the start of his career, where Jake Paul is now.

“I wanted to succeed so bad, I wanted to be somebody so bad, it wasn’t even funny,” he said. “Your legacy is not what you accomplish, it’s what your children say about you, at the end of the day.”

5 Likes
1 Like

weed has def made Tyson a chill AF guy

Tyson has become a wise sage

3 Likes

Good perspective. But I thought I saw a clip of him saying the opposite on a cast with a couple black dudes (not sure who they were)?

These Pools dont Stop