UFC 112: Did any one notice....

How Anderson Silva's gloves weren't taped up with the red tape they usually designate to the favorite? Maia was taped up in blue but Anderson had no tape at all... Weird.

That is all.

Porkchop - yea that is interesting....they have to leave that tape on to prove they didnt tamper with the gloves.

my point exactly.

What are the chances of Anderson Silva being disqualified or at least fined?

Nomak - 
Porkchop - yea that is interesting....they have to leave that tape on to prove they didnt tamper with the gloves.

my point exactly.

JustPeed - 
Nomak - 

my point exactly.

Good find.

cue gif of Silva rubbing grease all over himself in middle of octagon..

TTT

justice must be served!!!

ttt

First it was Grease gate now It's Tape gate!!!!!!

Under what rules did they fight?  Did Abu Dhabi have an athletic commission with rules governing glove tape or did they borrow the unified rules?

-jk

ttmft!!!

vs.

I demand justice.

This irregularity must be investigated.

Tapegate is worse than grease gate.

If this fight were in Vegas and Silva walked in with untaped gloves I'm sure titles would be stripped and fines would be dished out.

!!!

That's what happens when there isn't a commission and commission staff aren't around to verify and tape. The person doing the taping probably forgot.

TAPEGATE 2010 BEGINS...

Maia is the UFC MW Champ by DEFAULT!

WAR MAIA!

TAPEGATE!!!!!!!!

I did notice that and it seemed odd to me.

I am infuriated....

TAPEGATE 2010.. how scandalous!

1. Someone from the AC (or whatever governing body oversees the fights) should check wraps and tape in the dressing room before the fight.

2. The guy checking cups, mouthpieces, vaseline, etc. before the fighter enters the cage should check for tape.

3. The referree had 5 rounds (that's 29 minutes, counting breaks in between) to notice the tape.

Whether it was anything fishy or just an oversight, HOW THE FUCK can that get past everybody who's supposed to be responsible for checking things like that? Unbelievable.

Where it is most likely an oversight, it asks the question of where the heck was Marc Ratner on this one? As VP of Regulatory Affairs, it is his job to act as head of Commission where there is not one present.

A statement from Marc on this one is what I am most interested in...

HAHA hilarious. "If you want to hide something, put it in plain sight."