UFC 112: Did any one notice....

Angelo Popofski - I did notice that and it seemed odd to me.

what up angelo??

BaddKarma -  Weird, and I did not know that the colours meant favorite-underdog... is it true or are you just kidding? I thought the colour was just random.

It comes from boxing where there is a red corner and a blue corner. So it would be like a red side and a blue side of the octagon.

Jeff

all I could think of when I saw that was "he didn't even lace up his gloves"

<quote>BaddKarma -  Weird, and I did not know that the colours meant favorite-underdog... is it true or are you just kidding? I thought the colour was just random.</quote>

Champions/Favorites will usually be fighting out of the red corner. Blue is given to the Challenger/Underdog/New comer.

You can check all the past UFC championship fights and you will notice this trend.

ttmft

Tapegate 2010

Heads will roll!

Kitsura - Where it is most likely an oversight, it asks the question of where the heck was Marc Ratner on this one? As VP of Regulatory Affairs, it is his job to act as head of Commission where there is not one present.

A statement from Marc on this one is what I am most interested in...

Interesting...

Cindy

ohferfuxsakes -  loaded gloves?

I'm not saying his gloves were loaded but not having them taped up is a violation that should be brought up...

TapeGate 2010

Heads are gonna ROLL!!!!

TTT

I didn't notice that at all. Good find. But I'm sure nothing sinister was involved. It was probably some last-minute mess-up or something... I hope.

loaded glove sure helped his feet move

kungfugrip - loaded glove sure helped his feet move

His gloves were loaded with guitar hero playing tallent

Maybe he just said, "Don't bother taping them, I don't plan on using them any more than I have to anyway" :P

So Abu Dhabi UFC was using Nevada rules?  Ratner had jurisdiction over there?

-jk

fight has been ruled a no contest due to the tape situation

ttt

CindyO - 
Kitsura - Where it is most likely an oversight, it asks the question of where the heck was Marc Ratner on this one? As VP of Regulatory Affairs, it is his job to act as head of Commission where there is not one present.

A statement from Marc on this one is what I am most interested in...

Interesting...

Cindy<br type="_moz" />

Cindy would love to know if you hear any more about this, a comment by Marc Ratner on how this was missed by the trainer wrapping Anderson's hands to the person at ringside inspecting the fighters prior to entering the ring to the referee who also missed it for the entire 25 minute match.

What would the consequences had been had this happened say in Nevada?

ttt

Strip Anderson of his Belt!!!!

Veddy interesting. Phone Post