UFC 112-not needed

I have never seen a card til now where I have absolutely no faith in the underdogs.

Anderson,Penn and Hughes are all going to win and in exactly the way we expect them to.

I mean they might as well be fighting Leites,Sanchez,and Royce again.Those fights would be about as competitive.

The only reason I am gonna watch this card is cuz it will probably look cool outside.

Renzo is far more of a threat to Hughes than Royce was, otherwise I agree.

Yea the only possible upset would be Renzo.

Maia/Anderson is just absolutely laughable in every single way.

I disagree... I could see a bit upset this weekend with edgar/penn or maia/silva.

I think all of these fighters are great and if either edgar or maia come in with a great gameplan, they have all the skill to pull out the win.

Think of Maia as a better Lutter, who is not likely going to get submitted. If he can keep the fight on the ground he has a good chance. It's not going to look like Silva/Leites.

Edgar is the same way, until now Penns LW opponents always go for the takedown right away, and try and pin him down like GSP. After watch Florian and Sanchez, I'm sure edgar learned he can't just go in there and try to takedown right away. If he tires BJ out for a while (probably losing the rounds) and then goes for the takedowns in the last 3 rounds, He could maybe get the decision win. BJ's gass tank is better these days, but it's not not great.

I can see edgar surviving the first 2 rounds, and tiring penn out, and then controlling the last 3.

Fights have a lot more potential than everyone is thinking.

I bet you thought COleman had a chance against Randy as well.

Edgar's boxing has looked awesome lately. His wrestling is great too.

Maia managed to take Sonnen down (although it was a timing based trip) and if he gets this fight to the ground is absolutely capable of finishing Anderson.

Renzo has better standup then Hughes and is dangerous from any position on the ground.

Although the front-runners are more then likely going to win, it isn't like the challengers have no shot.

Maia has a better chance of pulling the upset than Renzo imo. Not sure why anyone has any faith in Renzo to win this fight, other than sentimental reasons.

clattymine - I bet you thought COleman had a chance against Randy as well.

No there is a big difference... Coleman is TERRIBLE. Maia and Edgar are much more talented in their respective weight classes.

How can you possible be so confident when the fights haven't even happened yet?  

aplchian -  How can you possible be so confident when the fights haven't even happened yet?  

Same as I know the Nets wouldnt beat the Cavs in a playoff series even if it didnt happen yet.