UFC 161 Nelson's last fight on contract

I love watching Nelson and will watch him wherever he goes. Phone Post

IFL HW CHAMPION

My question is, why is the UFC so blase towards Roy? The guy's something of a draw and they don't seem to realize it, therefore you would think they don't want him going anywhere else.

It's one thing if the guy were on a losing streak, but he's on a winning streak and will probably win on Saturday too.

Rampage vs Nelson at HW in Bellator would be awesome

I hope they work something out too.. But him and Rampage at HW would be a fun fight.. :) Phone Post 3.0

raags -

Rampage vs Nelson at HW in Bellator would be awesome

Fuck u!!! Post this shit an hour ago and I thought I just thought of it.....

Vtfu sir. Phone Post 3.0

I gotta start reading through the whole thread before posting haha. Only 2 pages too. Lazy fuck. Phone Post 3.0

dana knows he is a big draw, but he doesnt't like the guy, therefore he will be cut.

kelby - dana knows he is a big draw, but he doesnt't like the guy, therefore he will be cut.

A. No one is getting cut

B. He never cut Tito and he had much bigger issues with Ortiz. Phone Post

So the UFC offered him a contract extension and Roy turned it down? Is that what happened or is the UFC waiting for after his last fight before making him an offer?

I have read some articles but some of the posts have made me think I understand it wrong.

I feel that the only way Roy leaves is if he thinks he can make more money elsewhere. He's smart enough to not accept an offer that Zuffa will "match" and let the matching period end before accepting an offer. Phone Post

TheOneDylanThomas - Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Nick's WAR promotion and other name fighters following soon after.

He's a lot smarter than Dana thinks he is.

I wonder if Nick could afford Roy. How much do you think Roy's contract should be for if he goes to WAR?

Cindy

CindyO -
TheOneDylanThomas - Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Nick's WAR promotion and other name fighters following soon after.

I wonder if Nick could afford Roy. How much do you think Roy's contract should be for if he goes to WAR?

Cindy

Are you suggesting that it may not be financially feasible for a regional promotion to sign one of the top 5 or 6 HW in the world? I would be surprised if the entire budget for the first WAR show is more than what Roy makes per fight.
Economics. How does it work? Phone Post

dubate - 
CindyO -

Cindy

Are you suggesting that it may not be financially feasible for a regional promotion to sign one of the top 5 or 6 HW in the world? I would be surprised if the entire budget for the first WAR show is more than what Roy makes per fight.

Not  much gets by you, does it?

Cindy

CindyO -
dubate - 
CindyO -

Cindy

Not  much gets by you, does it?

Cindy

Well now if I could somehow teach everyone to catch my sarcasm then I will have everything. ;) Phone Post

^^^ :) 

Cindy

Heel Hooker - He's a genius. Win or lose he will be the biggest free agent out there. Bellator or WSOF will offer good money because he has a solid fan base, a good gimmick, and legit skills. Nelson knows he has no future in the UFC, he'll always be one loss away from being cut.

Of course he'll be the biggest free agent, just look at him! :D

Flannerz - 
Heel Hooker - He's a genius. Win or lose he will be the biggest free agent out there. Bellator or WSOF will offer good money because he has a solid fan base, a good gimmick, and legit skills. Nelson knows he has no future in the UFC, he'll always be one loss away from being cut.

Of course he'll be the biggest free agent, just look at him! :D

LOL and voted up:)

Cindy

Standup29 - 

So the UFC offered him a contract extension and Roy turned it down? Is that what happened or is the UFC waiting for after his last fight before making him an offer?

I have read some articles but some of the posts have made me think I understand it wrong.

I feel that the only way Roy leaves is if he thinks he can make more money elsewhere. He's smart enough to not accept an offer that Zuffa will "match" and let the matching period end before accepting an offer. Phone Post

From the OP:

'He’s on the last fight of his deal and we owe him a fight,” White said. “He’s not giving us any extensions.”

White reported that the UFC offered Nelson an extension that he turned down...'

Grey eagle '88 - 

After Roy wins by KO I'm gonna bump this thread.

That's when the real negotiations start Dana ! Phone Post

snickers

Cindy