UFC 166 Prelim ratings = worst ever

UFC 166 Prelims on FS1 Saturday drew 628K viewers

UFC 166 prelim ratings on FS1 are the lowest ever for the UFC.

Usually, for some reason, and maybe I'm wrong, but it seems the better the prelims, the less people watch.

I think people don't see "big" names sometimes and don't watch...and the fights are usually great.

Who knows....maybe it's the whole Fox Sports 1 thing...still a new channel.

frankiscool -

Usually, for some reason, and maybe I'm wrong, but it seems the better the prelims, the less people watch.

I think people don't see "big" names sometimes and don't watch...and the fights are usually great.

Who knows....maybe it's the whole Fox Sports 1 thing...still a new channel.

There were quite a bit of names on these prelims. To be honest I'm ridiculously surprised these are so low Phone Post 3.0

college football

Brian Rule - college football

That had to have had an effect. I know that I missed the UFC because of the FSU/Clemson game, and I thought it was a good card.

How about MLB playoffs? Phone Post

Strange I remember thinking that they were probably the most stacked prelims I could recall, Lombard Marquart could main/co main a fx card, botecsh dolloway/g sot noons are both big fights for a prelims Phone Post 3.0

it was probably the best prelim card ever too.

How were its ppv sales though? Phone Post

lol college football, thats fucken pathetic if that shit beats ufc, this was one of the better cards of the year the prelims were stacked, i personally dont care to please everyhone, the true mma fans will always pay atention, screw the rest of the people that watch boring ass sports

Damn 'muricans and there college fooseballs. Phone Post

Korpiklaani - 

lol college football, thats fucken pathetic if that shit beats ufc, this was one of the better cards of the year the prelims were stacked, i personally dont care to please everyhone, the true mma fans will always pay atention, screw the rest of the people that watch boring ass sports

It's not really pathetic, it's the most popular sport in the US. People aren't realizing though, outside of College Football and UFC, nobody is watching FS1. Regis' show has pulled 0.0 ratings on some nights.

Oh and not to mention I am sure the ratings in Canada and Brazil were solid as they usually are.

Guard fighting is killing viewers & has for years now.

I think hockey was on too. Lots of competition. Great fights though. I watched. Does FS1 have an on demand channel in any market? Haven't found one in mine. Always watching at Bdubs for now on too. I just wish the food didn't suck so bad. It's like they add laxative to their sauces. Phone Post 3.0

crowbar - 

Pace mostly stayed up on the prelims, and there was little guard work. The one slow bout (KJ vs Georgie) was all standup.

It was a good couple of hours of fighting though, and the YouTube/FB prelims may have been even better.

Overall I think UFC 166 is probably a little overrated, but it was still definitely a great show and the prelims were a part of that. It's kind of disappointing more people didn't enjoy them.

I watch all the event. I always watch prelims as well. Even the Facebook ones. Sometimes they have more bang than the main card. Phone Post 3.0

Funny how things pan out , card was excellent top to bottom ! Phone Post 3.0

jdb2414 -

That had to have had an effect. I know that I missed the UFC because of the FSU/Clemson game, and I thought it was a good card.

Didn't the bama game start around 7? That game alone probably made a difference. Phone Post

hackett - 
crowbar - 

Pace mostly stayed up on the prelims, and there was little guard work. The one slow bout (KJ vs Georgie) was all standup.

It was a good couple of hours of fighting though, and the YouTube/FB prelims may have been even better.

Overall I think UFC 166 is probably a little overrated, but it was still definitely a great show and the prelims were a part of that. It's kind of disappointing more people didn't enjoy them.

I was talking over the long haul.