UFC 172 Jones vs Teixeira = 350k buys

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/7/5692232/jones-rousey-pace-a-year-without-the-big-ppv-draws

According to Meltzer Phone Post 3.0

Not surprising, 173 and 174 will both do 250K

UFC 175 is the big one that the UFC is banking on, that needs to do a million. Weidman might be the "star" the UFC is missing, plus with Ronda and Chael P, could be the perfect storm

Bellator will probably beat that Phone Post 3.0

potato623 - Not surprising, 173 and 174 will both do 250K

UFC 175 is the big one that the UFC is banking on, that needs to do a million. Weidman might be the "star" the UFC is missing, plus with Ronda and Chael P, could be the perfect storm

Perfect storm? Shit in one hand, wish in the other see which fills up first.

Dang.

Never sure if those are good numbers are not lol

But feels like they need to get behind jones more.

Jones has the most potential to become one of the greats and a huge by wish they'd help him instead of as much as they're putting into Rhonda with her shallow division. Phone Post 3.0

Are we acting like they don't promote Jones or something?

It was just a bad card.

Is that the highest one do far in 2014? Maybe 50 events isn't such a good idea. And lol at Weismann doing 1m. That card will be lucky to do 400k

DoomFarmer - Are we acting like they don't promote Jones or something?

It was just a bad card.
I enjoyed it. A lot of finishes and good fights! Wish they would've gave more of the night finishes!

That reverse triangle limits thing was awesome Phone Post 3.0

DoomFarmer - Are we acting like they don't promote Jones or something?

It was just a bad card.
I thought it was awesome! I wasn't too hyped about it either but it ended up being great with all the finishes! Phone Post 3.0

lol bad

Lol
Jones only did slightly more than rousey.

He had a better opponent. Way more promotion. Phone Post

Jones can't sell Phone Post 3.0

Wow, not a single PPV has broken 400k in 2014 so far.

I didn't mean it ended up BEING a bad card, just a bad card on paper.

Well now that both GSP and Silva are gone, the divisions are actually exciting again. Hopefully since we don't have champions that haven't made their millions yet, they will actually defend the belt more than once a year.

Hopefully the UFC is moving towards the logical

Fight Pass - Big name main event then a mix of up & comers plus a couple of wrestlers and a local fighter or two thrown in.

FS1 - 1 championship contender match and 2 well known main event fighters coming off losses.

FOX - This is where they still have problems. They need to stop headlining these events with fighters under 155lbs not named Barao. These should all be headlined by either Barao or Pettis and every other fight should either be LHW/HW slugfest or to set up a #1 contender.

PPV - Either the HW, LHW, FW, or Honda fighting in the main event. Mighty Mouse can be the co main. Every other fight should be a "name fighter". Phone Post 3.0

Next PPV should be near 1 million buys now that they caught that guy who was capping events.

Jones will probably blame it on Glover. Just like he did with Machida, Vitor,... Phone Post 3.0

epwar - 

Wow, not a single PPV has broken 400k in 2014 so far.

Not in MMA but I believe two boxing PPV's have. No numbers on Mayweather/Maidana yet. But... yeah, you need something special, and it seems the perception is that the UFC hasn't.

dubate - Well now that both GSP and Silva are gone, the divisions are actually exciting again. Hopefully since we don't have champions that haven't made their millions yet, they will actually defend the belt more than once a year.

Hopefully the UFC is moving towards the logical

Fight Pass - Big name main event then a mix of up & comers plus a couple of wrestlers and a local fighter or two thrown in.

FS1 - 1 championship contender match and 2 well known main event fighters coming off losses.

FOX - This is where they still have problems. They need to stop headlining these events with fighters under 155lbs not named Barao. These should all be headlined by either Barao or Pettis and every other fight should either be LHW/HW slugfest or to set up a #1 contender.

PPV - Either the HW, LHW, FW, or Honda fighting in the main event. Mighty Mouse can be the co main. Every other fight should be a "name fighter". Phone Post 3.0

I know you love you some Zuffa, but read what you just wrote again. Look at how many platforms their content is spread over, and damn near every one of them is pay-to-watch. Therein lies just one of the reasons people are losing interest. People don't know where to find the content, and they're tired of getting nickel dimed to watch it. But hey, the Egg of Greed and his minions know what they're doing, right?

350k @ $50 = 17.5 million. Obviously there is a cut that the cable providers get, as well as promotional content/venue cost. Overall, I wouldn't be sad with this turnout.