UFC 185 top 5 or top 10?

Seems like a lot of guy's picks for best at 185 are outside UFC or not fighting in the weight division anymore.

Of the UFC's 185ers, who are the top 5 or top 10? Feel free to make two lists - one where you include Henderson, Lindland, Filho, Kang, etc... and one of just UFC.

Yea, but UFC can yank Filho from WEC if they really want to.

Houston "We have a Problem" Alexander is a true 185 and will be very tough at that class.

Spoke on the radio today and said that he may drop down because he walkes around at like 200.

UFC

1. Silva 2. Franklin 3. Okami 4. MacDonald 5. Martin

World

1. Silva 2. Henderson 3. Fihlo 4. Lindland 5. Franklin

"Spoke on the radio today and said that he may drop down because he walkes around at like 200."

That would be awesome! 185 needs a jolt.

World

1. Henderson 2. Silva 3. Franklin 4. Lindland 5. Filho

UFC

1. Silva 2. Franklin 3. marquardt 4. Okami 5. Lutter

Sorry Martin has talent but hasn't done enough to prove he's top 5 in UFC. Macdonald also good, but I think Lutter would take him, but it would be a nice match to think about in the future.

Sorry edite dfor horrible grammar.

"No way MacDonald gets ranked above Marquardt."

Shit, I forgot about Marquardt and I agree with you. Marquardt at #4, bump MacDonald to #5 and that knocks Martin off the list. I put Martin on there in the first place because he has two very impressive 1st round KO's against solid UFC veterans. Tough guy, but I agree that he still has a lot to prove.

These lists are not bad, guys!

I guess we'll see Okami/MacDonald soon enough, too, to sort that out.

Where do you guys put Lawler & Ninja? (even if that may not be in the top 10)

Since Henderson has already signed with the UFC woundn't he be in the UFC?

"Since Henderson has already signed with the UFC woundn't he be in the UFC?"

You can make an argument both ways. He hasn't fought in the UFC at 185 yet, so most of us excluded him from the list until he does.

He's also said he's going to stay at 205... so you could decide to leave him off. It's up to you.

Crazy that Dan is coming in and fighting a Lightheavy killer in his return after almost 10 years. I'm sure he could have found a way to just fight someone at 85. I love that guy!!

"He's also said he's going to stay at 205... so you could decide to leave him off. It's up to you."

I bet he stays at 205 if he beats Rampage and drops to 185 if he loses. Who wouldn't want to see Hendo fight Franklin and Silva?

at 185 the UFC has Silva, Marquart, Franklin, Tanner and Okami, all top 10 guys probably. Henderson could easily drop to 185 too and then you'd have 4 or 5 top 10ers right there

I like Lindland but he's probably not even top 5 at 185 right now. I'm not even sure how long its been since he fought at 185. I don't think Lawler is in the top 10 at all.

I can't think of another production that could compare their 185ers to the UFCs, so its hard to criticize them when no one else is doing it better

Including only guys on ufc.tv list of fighters;

Silva

Franklin

Marquardt

Okami

Starnes

(Swick) - dropping to WW?

Horn

Leites

Doerksen

Miller

Price

Leben

Kampmann

Cote

Sonnen

Loiseau

Herman

MacDonald

Lawler

Prangley

Grove

Hallman

Dana has really boosted up every division in the UFC except this one, but there are still a lot of good fighters at 185 in the UFC, just not too many guys that are a threat to Silva. Hendo, Kang, Fihlo, and Lindland are all huge threats to Silva and Dana should work on getting some of those guys. He's a busy guy though so it may take some time.

the only real problem with the 185 division is how much better than everyone else Silva is

I think once people figure out that its suicide to try to stand with him for any length of time he'll have a couple of guys that can give him some trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if Tanner or Franklin could beat him on the ground. I don't think anyone at 185, even Hendo or Filho could take him standing, and I was shocked that Franklin thought he could beat Silva in the clinch

If the UFC wants a fun fight they could sign Pele and let him take a crack at it though. that would be fun while it lasted

jason - I agree. I think taking silva down, and making sure you're on top is the trick. I know Lutter got caught... but it seems like a better place to be with him than any of the alternatives.

How is Silva's cardio? Seems like he hasn't been pushed into later rounds much (cause it is easier said than done.)

it would be nice if they could find someone from K-1 who could give him a good stand up fight, even if the guy knew nothing about ground work