Ufc 193 betting advice?

I'd really appreciate it, money is short lately thanks.

firstrodeo - I'd really appreciate it, money is short lately thanks.
Should definitely gamble then Phone Post 3.0

Hey man, fellow dude struggling with money here. Also a big fan of betting on fights.

My advice: don't bet. Now's not a good time for that.

There's a thousand reasons why it's true, but to make it short and sweet, there's the old adage 'don't bet what you can't afford to lose'.

Assuming that you're a grown ass man and can decide for yourself what you want to do and what you should do, there are some interesting match ups and lines. I'm not gambling on this one... I haven't followed MMA closely enough and I don't really have enough time to think it through, but here's my gut picks:

Perosh over Villante at +265 is interesting. There's nothing about Villante that warrants such a high evaluation. I suspect the people associate him with Weidman, so he gets a bit more love than he should. I think +265 on Perosh is a great underdog pick... my gut says that the fight should be even. Perosh is no joke.

Kyle Noke over Sobotta at +130. The fight could go either way, but I like Noke. I'd like to think about this one a bit more.

Rosholt at +105 over Struve. I'm probably a bit biased against Struve, so I should avoid this one. I can't help but bet against Struve. Rosholt's got the right tools to turn it into a one-sided beating, though. I'm not sure I can say the same about Struve.

Whittaker and Uriah Hall. I'd like to take Whittaker as the dog, but the line just isn't good enough at -110. For that reason, there might be value on Hall, because he should probably be a bit more of a favourite than he's currently being evaluated. I'm going to stay away from this one.

Bigfoot vs Hunt. Bigfoot at +185. Man. I'd like to pick Bigfoot by stoppage if he can take Hunt down and keep him down... the value will probably be great on that prop bet. But even as it is, the last fight was even, and I don't think Bigfoot's chin is as bad as everyone says it is. With the right gameplans, this fight is very even and very winnable for both guys. So +185 on Bigfoot seems like a decent value bet.

What about draft kings bets? How would you play it?

Where do you all bet on mma straight fights? Online?

Kick Boxe -
firstrodeo - I'd really appreciate it, money is short lately thanks.
Should definitely gamble then Phone Post 3.0
LOL Phone Post 3.0

ruger007 - What about draft kings bets? How would you play it?

I use Bodog/Bovada up here in Canada. A lot of places give better lines, but Bodog was quick and easy to set up, they seem to be big enough to afford real payouts. I dunno. It wouldn't take much to make me switch, I wouldn't say I have a strong loyalty or attachment. Just haven't had enough incentive to switch I guess.

Just go to twitter and find TeamQuestNorth and ask him if you want to pay the bills and eat Lobster! He's not here any longer?

jgiveshead - 

I use Bodog/Bovada up here in Canada. A lot of places give better lines, but Bodog was quick and easy to set up, they seem to be big enough to afford real payouts. I dunno. It wouldn't take much to make me switch, I wouldn't say I have a strong loyalty or attachment. Just haven't had enough incentive to switch I guess.

Bodog.eu owned by Calvin Ayers! Fellow Canadian and a real MMA Fan! This dude use to have fights in his backyard just for buddies. On the beach in Costa Rica of course.

He was convicted of paying out money to winners of his on line web site. He paid a couple American gamblers from states that do not permit on line gambling. So because he paid out he on his losses he is a wanted man in the USA????

The US government seized his web site and tried to take him over????????

For the last several years Calvin has been living large in Costa Rica. He has the Army protecting his compound and I can assure he has the money and he will Pay you if you win!

I won a 17K bet and had a cheque fed ex to me the second day!

FightToLive - 
jgiveshead - 

Bodog.eu owned by Calvin Ayers! Fellow Canadian and a real MMA Fan! This dude use to have fights in his backyard just for buddies. On the beach in Costa Rica of course.

He was convicted of paying out money to winners of his on line web site. He paid a couple American gamblers from states that do not permit on line gambling. So because he paid out he on his losses he is a wanted man in the USA????

The US government seized his web site and tried to take him over????????

For the last several years Calvin has been living large in Costa Rica. He has the Army protecting his compound and I can assure he has the money and he will Pay you if you win!

I won a 17K bet and had a cheque fed ex to me the second day!

Yeah, I remember reading about the guy when I first started betting. I think he's actually from where I live and work, I think he went to the same school as me, UWaterloo. I talked to one of the business directors at the school to see if he had ever heard of him, and he hadn't. Kinda crazy to think that there might be a billionaire living next door that no one even knows about, lol.

LOL bro that's him! He is Born is Saskatchewan! I am in Kitchener and a few of my buddies parted with him! Very kewl dude so I hear!

Real life PLAYBOY Billionaire!

He use to own a party hotel room in Vegas worth 30 Million just to go to for an after party!

You can see his place on MTV cribs also!

Terrible event to bet on.

Come on, brah. Post the card at least. Phone Post 3.0

Rousey by sub 2nd round
Joanna by KO 2nd round
Mark Hunt by KO 2nd
Whittaker by Decision Phone Post 3.0

Anyone taking Holly as a value bet? She's sitting at +800 on Bodog right now. I might actually come out of betting retirement if she hits +1000.

TheBigRedOne - 
jgiveshead - Anyone taking Holly as a value bet? She's sitting at +800 on Bodog right now. I might actually come out of betting retirement if she hits +1000.

I have heard virtually nothing about her training camp. Nothing about working extensively on her grappling or Judo specifically.

If these girls aren't working with a Judo coach, they deserve to get flipped and armbarred.

I respectfully disagree. I don't think anyone is going to out-Judo Ronda, or even show up in respectable form. I think the person who beats Ronda is someone who does their own thing really really well. I was hoping this person would be Sara McMann, but what can you do :)

This is why I was thinking Holly has a shot. I haven't watched enough of her, so I really don't know. But apparently she's some kind of championship level boxer. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking, surely in all of her boxing matches, she must have stayed on the outside and picked her shots. From what little I have seen of her, she seems to be a volume striker, in and out, somewhat light on her feet. So I'm thinking, if there's anyone out there that could implement this gameplan, surely it's got to be Holly Holm?

I run a MMA board dedicated to gambling on the UFC. 

It may be helpful to you.

http://oddsb.com

Leaning Hall and Rosholt myself.

Carson's Corner radio show - 

"This is why I was thinking Holly has a shot. I haven't watched enough of her, so I really don't know. But apparently she's some kind of championship level boxer. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking, surely in all of her boxing matches, she must have stayed on the outside and picked her shots. From what little I have seen of her, she seems to be a volume striker, in and out, somewhat light on her feet. So I'm thinking, if there's anyone out there that could implement this gameplan, surely it's got to be Holly Holm?"

Is this serious?

Yeah, kind of. I'll admit I haven't watched enough Holly. But the real problem is bias. I'm picturing the perfect fighter against Ronda as being someone who can control the distance and stay outside with world-class jabbing. So the problem is, I think I want that to be Holly. Whether it is Holly or not, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I'm sure I've made it clear at this point, but I'm not a Holly fan. I just like to think about how I'd beat people like Ronda who seem otherwise unstoppable.

Was there a particular part of my assessment of Holly that you disagree with? I didn't really think anyone would characterize her as anything else other than a point fighter (that's worded quite disrespectfully, but I don't mean it that way).