UFC 2 un-aired fights

See below.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Scott’s last fight with that face.

2 Likes

There are two more fights I can post but they are really blurry.

1 Like

Damn Big John let that 2nd fight go to the death.

Sean Daugherty had no business being in the octagon. Good god, he was basically a very toughen karate dojo guy.

dinkledorf -

I believe the first few events he wasn’t allowed to step in. It was tap out, pass out, or towel from the corner.

I don’t think he was a fan of this policy.

1 Like
Steven McTowelie - 
dinkledorf -

I believe the first few events he wasn’t allowed to step in. It was tap out, pass out, or towel from the corner.

No he wasn’t, and he was right. I think it was just for UFC 2 like that. Still, talk about dangerous!

I still want knees to the head of a grounded fighter back. Even if I did like headbutts and soccer kicks, OK, I get it.

But damn at these elbows to back of the neck (and spine). Those are so dangerous for permanent damage. And hairpulling just has a bad look ha ha. Not missing those… nor groin shots.

ons ear - Sean Daugherty had no business being in the octagon. Good god, he was basically a very toughen karate dojo guy.

He was the youngest and lightest fighter there. That said, he did have a number of smoker type kickboxing / karate fights IIRC where he usually fought much larger adults.

That was UFC 2, with 16 fighters. I have no doubt there were competitors there with less actual fight experience.

Cool thread

Funny to think practically everything Weit did in that fight is illegal in today's sport point fighting. I wanted to see him vs Ron Van Clief.  I haven't rewatched these fights in years, thanks!

1 Like

Damn, poor Scott Morris, no one saw the fight he did very well in.

2 Likes

Lol at people still thinking that Rorion “stacked the deck” in Royce’s favor lol. Some animals in those early fights.

3 Likes

see screen name

FatBuddha - Damn, poor Scott Morris, no one saw the fight he did very well in.

Same with Orlando Weit. He was on the receiving end of some of the worst elbows in history after this

1 Like

Thanks OP.

I wonder what the G-Man is up to these days?

Sprawl'n'Stall -
Steven McTowelie - 
dinkledorf -

No he wasn’t, and he was right. I think it was just for UFC 2 like that. Still, talk about dangerous!

Yes. Big John fought to repeal that rule and for the ability to intervene when necessary.

FatBuddha - Lol at people still thinking that Rorion "stacked the deck" in Royce's favor lol. Some animals in those early fights.

Well, for this event from what I understand, Royce had his own room and own oxygen machine, etc.

All the other fighters were herded into one large room and shared an oxygen machine that was left on and apparently not working.

There are plenty of ways to work fights.

2 Likes