UFC 2 un-aired fights

These fights were on an earlier UFC dvd. Maybe Ultimate Knockouts 1? 

Sub

What’s up crowbar!? Long time. Hope you’re doing well bro. 

Tight.Anik - 

Thanks OP.

I wonder what the G-Man is up to these days?

1 Like
SidRival135 - 

What’s up crowbar!? Long time. Hope you’re doing well bro. 

Hi SidRival135,

Thanks for the well wishes I`m doing ok.I`m between jobs at the moment but my health is fine.

What about you?

William C - 
ons ear - Sean Daugherty had no business being in the octagon. Good god, he was basically a very toughen karate dojo guy.

He was the youngest and lightest fighter there. That said, he did have a number of smoker type kickboxing / karate fights IIRC where he usually fought much larger adults.

That was UFC 2, with 16 fighters. I have no doubt there were competitors there with less actual fight experience.

It doesn’t matter. Daugherty was not only lacking experience but strength and size…he was a kid for Christ sake.

Cool how many 01ers are in this thread and even one 00.

Sad how few more recent members have posted

grafzep - Cool how many 01ers are in this thread and even one 00.

Sad how few more recent members have posted

Need you guys to check in here.

https://forum.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts_updsub&forum=2&thread=2690975&page=1&pc=222

Scott morris did pretty good against royce considering he didnt really know what he was up against. Ninjas rule.

Scott never fought Royce ^^^^

Man I'm just an average joe, like everyone else here but I cant help but think rorion was scared to let certain applicants compete. Pretty sure if even an average wrestling bear had competed it would have wiped the floor with royce. Fairly confident 1 or 2 had applied for UFC 1-3 and their applications were denied despite their credentials. Paul varlens and Oleg dont count. Shout outs to them though.

TheBearStare - 

Man I'm just an average joe, like everyone else here but I cant help but think rorion was scared to let certain applicants compete. Pretty sure if even an average wrestling bear had competed it would have wiped the floor with royce. Fairly confident 1 or 2 had applied for UFC 1-3 and their applications were denied despite their credentials. Paul varlens and Oleg dont count. Shout outs to them though.

Dan Severn fits this description and he got choked out.

crowbar -
Tight.Anik - 

Thanks OP.

Ron Kruck interviews the Original Voice of the UFC - YouTube

Nice post good to hear from the Rich Goins he aged like a G! Man

UFC owes it to themselves to let The G Man announce at least one more time since they are so successful now and he was there in the beginning.

"Fighting out of the Red Corner... Israel Adesanya!....Adesanya..."

1 Like
ons ear - 
William C - 
ons ear - Sean Daugherty had no business being in the octagon. Good god, he was basically a very toughen karate dojo guy.

He was the youngest and lightest fighter there. That said, he did have a number of smoker type kickboxing / karate fights IIRC where he usually fought much larger adults.

That was UFC 2, with 16 fighters. I have no doubt there were competitors there with less actual fight experience.

It doesn’t matter. Daugherty was not only lacking experience but strength and size…he was a kid for Christ sake.

It does matter, as I already addressed some of your points that you bring as proof that it doesn’t matter. He had more experience in fights than some on that card. In addition, he was used to fighting stronger opponents.

He had some practical striking techniques and some fight experience, which is more than you can say for some in that 16 man tournament. That’s just a fact. Period.

So- could there have been better choices of fighters to place in UFC 2? Of course. There were a number of people who fall into that category.

“There were a number of people who fall into that category.”

To clarify- there were a number of fighters in UFC 2 that could have been replaced with better fighters, if it could have been worked out.

MMApurist - 
crowbar -
Tight.Anik - 

Thanks OP.

Ron Kruck interviews the Original Voice of the UFC - YouTube

Nice post good to hear from the Rich Goins he aged like a G! Man

UFC owes it to themselves to let The G Man announce at least one more time since they are so successful now and he was there in the beginning.

"Fighting out of the Red Corner... Israel Adesanya!....Adesanya..."

He's got a great voice for commentating/announcing.  I'd love for this to happen but I doubt it does.

Here he is on top of a billboard after losing a bet.

in

ons ear - Sean Daugherty had no business being in the octagon. Good god, he was basically a very toughen karate dojo guy.

Are you nuts?  Did you see the splits he did?  Between two chairs???

![Supreme Tool Crowbar - FW15](upload://my6ASMrUslQGlDevs23uAHQWHg6.jpeg)

1 Like