UFC 2 un-aired fights

William C -
ons ear - 
William C - 
ons ear - Sean Daugherty had no business being in the octagon. Good god, he was basically a very toughen karate dojo guy.

He was the youngest and lightest fighter there. That said, he did have a number of smoker type kickboxing / karate fights IIRC where he usually fought much larger adults.

That was UFC 2, with 16 fighters. I have no doubt there were competitors there with less actual fight experience.

It doesn’t matter. Daugherty was not only lacking experience but strength and size…he was a kid for Christ sake.

It does matter, as I already addressed some of your points that you bring as proof that it doesn’t matter. He had more experience in fights than some on that card. In addition, he was used to fighting stronger opponents.

He had some practical striking techniques and some fight experience, which is more than you can say for some in that 16 man tournament. That’s just a fact. Period.

So- could there have been better choices of fighters to place in UFC 2? Of course. There were a number of people who fall into that category.

I feel like if you saw UFC 1 you new what you were getting into in UFC 2. Sean deserved the fight. Just because he lost quickly doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have fought. 

I wanted to say thank you William for everything you do in the katakugi (?) road thread. Everyone on that thread rocks. 

1 Like

Awesome, thanks man.

thanks for that. I miss those days!

Kirik - 

Cool thread

^