UFC 223 best card in a long time!

Brooklyn NY is getting one hell of a card!

Tony Ferguson vs.Khabib Nurmagomedov (LW Title)

Thug Rose Namajunas vs.Joanna J?drzejczyk (SW Title)

Karolina Kowalkiewicz  vs.Felice Herrig

Al Iaquinta vs.Paul Felder

Joe Lauzon vs.Chris Gruetzemacher

The PPV buys on this card are going to go ballistic.

It should be a decent main card for action fights, but I'd guess it's about a 250K PPV buy card overall.

FWIW:

Finishing rates for main card fighters:

• Tony (78% finish rate) vs. Khabib (64%)
  • Rose (85%) vs. Joanna (36%)
  • Karolina (27%) vs. Felice (36%)
  • Al (62%) vs. Paul (74%)
  • Joe (93%) vs. Chris (69%)

Prop odds posted for only the two title fights so far. Both fights are slightly favored to end in finishes (about -150 to -120). 

The biggest favorite in the early odds is Khabib at -220. (Only four of the fights have odds posted so far.)

Performance bonus leaders on the main card:

• Joe Lauzon - 15 bonuses all-time (tied with N. Diaz for most in UFC history)
  • Tony Ferguson - 8
  • Paul Felder - 4
  • Joanna - 3
  • Rose - 3

One hell of a card? It has two fights that are must watch and one of them is a chick fight. This will do average numbers, at best. Al, Paul, and Joe are fun to watch but none of those guys will ever fight for a title. 

I’ll admit that it’s a decent card, but have we reached the point where we are celebrating this lineup as something special?

Great headliner for the hardcores sure… A rematch that no one really wants, and meh women’s fight?

I’ll probably buy it, but I don’t except any of my casual MMA fan friends to care at all.

Tug Dabone -

It should be a decent main card for action fights, but I'd guess it's about a 250K PPV buy card overall.

FWIW:

Prop odds posted for only the two title fights so far. Both fights are slightly favored to end in finishes (about -150 to -120). 

The biggest favorite in the early odds is Khabib at -220. (Only four of the fights have odds posted so far.)

• Tony Ferguson - 8
  • Paul Felder - 4
  • Joanna - 3
  • Rose - 3

lol 250k?

stick to posting tittie pics dude

I always forget how much the UG hates women's mma. People are gonna bitch a lot about this card. I'm excited for it though! 

#KhabibTime

I predict 251K buys

Tug Dabone -

FWIW:

• Tony Ferguson - 8
  • Paul Felder - 4
  • Joanna - 3
  • Rose - 3

Joe's finishing rate is amazing.

Luncha Libre - I predict 251K buys

I predict 252k Bob.

BringBackGoldy -
Tug Dabone -

FWIW:

• Tony Ferguson - 8
  • Paul Felder - 4
  • Joanna - 3
  • Rose - 3

It was amazing, don’t take it the wrong way I love joe but he has had a bad run as of late

JitznPound -
BringBackGoldy -
Tug Dabone -

FWIW:

• Tony Ferguson - 8
  • Paul Felder - 4
  • Joanna - 3
  • Rose - 3

It was amazing, don’t take it the wrong way I love joe but he has had a bad run as of late

Agreed, he's probably winding down his career, but the dude was pretty incredible: His first 22 fights of his career ended up in finishes, with a record of 18-4 at that point. His first decision was in his 7th UFC fight, and then he added another 6 straight finishes before the next decision (4-2 in that stretch). 

The fact we actually have a thread talking about how great this card is shows just how watered down and oversaturated the UFC and MMA is.

My how times have changed. 

This is like when a boxing promoter loads up a card with ethnic ticket sellers and locals.

Russians, Poles, Guidos....that’ll fill an arena in Brooklyn 

Big card by 2018 standards I guess...

A couple of absolute locks on this card.

Khabib, Karolina, and JJ can’t lose.

The Al-Felder fight night steal the show. 

Lots of mismatches at close odds. 

Excellent card. Gonna make a day of this one

Good lord that line up is weak. OP, you a paid shill now? Fantastic main event but between 2 guys who do not sell. Great Main event, I’ll definitely tune in towards the end of the event to catch that fight. But 2 girls fights on the PPV portion of the card and 1 of them is an immediate rematch? This is about as bad as these cards have been lately. Super exciting main even, filler and fluff the remainder.

“Best card in a long time” might technically be true since most cards are garbage. A good main event and  that’s it 

StankieEdgar - 
Tug Dabone -

FWIW:

• Tony Ferguson - 8
  • Paul Felder - 4
  • Joanna - 3
  • Rose - 3

lol 250k?

stick to posting tittie pics dude

Stipe vs Ngannaou AND DC vs Volkan did around 300k buys. I’d say 250k for this card sounds about right