UFC 229: Courting Disaster

The fight card - as of now - is incredibly weak. Derrick Lewis v. Volkov is the co-main event?

What happens if Conor or Khabib get injured or don’t make weight? Who steps in? Get Tony on this damn card! Get Nate and Porrier here.

What the hell is the UFC thinking?

Move Dustin and Diaz to it.

Should have been the fucking plan in the first place

Thebonfirexm - 

Move Dustin and Diaz to it.

Should have been the fucking plan in the first place

Absolutely. And get Tony’s return fight on this card.

I mean, hell, offer Georges the Tony fight!

Nate is probably on standby if either Khabib or Conor pull out. I could see that as a condition to get Nate back on for 230 against Dustin. If that happens, then maybe Tony can step in for Nate at 230 MSG?

Definition of a one fight card.

course, if I was the UFC I wouldn’t waste another main event on this card either.

Upperdog - Nate is probably on standby if either Khabib or Conor pull out. I could see that as a condition to get Nate back on for 230 against Dustin. If that happens, then maybe Tony can step in for Nate at 230 MSG?

Good thought.

Upperdog - Nate is probably on standby if either Khabib or Conor pull out. I could see that as a condition to get Nate back on for 230 against Dustin. If that happens, then maybe Tony can step in for Nate at 230 MSG?

hells yeah

I love that as the event name. That would be great.  

Suga Sean!! 

MMA Playwright - 

I miss the named events sometimes.

CRE -
MMA Playwright - 

I miss the named events sometimes.

When was the event that it stopped ,I wanna stay around 70??

Khabib is a risk for pulling out but Conor shows up. And there would be plenty of guys willing to step up to take him on short notice. It would suck but he’s the main draw no matter who he fights. 

Kevin lee on standby ? 

RKing85 - 

Definition of a one fight card.

course, if I was the UFC I wouldn’t waste another main event on this card either.

189 should be the model. It created NEW fans. This will get the most eyes in UFC history. They should be thinking about maximizing new fans, not cashing out.

QuintonRammedMyPage -

Kevin lee on standby ? 

I could see Lee and Tony being placed on this card in bouts and they can be backups. IDK who they'd both face though as so many top LWTs are booked. Maybe Alvarez re-signs with them and fights Tony and do Lee vs Pettis. Not the best matchups but it's what is available. 

Damn is that card bad…it will do great just because of Conor though…the card with Woodley/Til is garbage too

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 
QuintonRammedMyPage -

Kevin lee on standby ? 

I could see Lee and Tony being placed on this card in bouts and they can be backups. IDK who they'd both face though as so many top LWTs are booked. Maybe Alvarez re-signs with them and fights Tony and do Lee vs Pettis. Not the best matchups but it's what is available. 

UFC is smoking crack if they don’t have these guys on stand by.

Plus, introduce Tony the nutjob Ferguson to the world since he might be next in line.