UFC 24 on TSN...

UFC 24 is on TSN right now. Just watched round one of Valasquez vs Pulver... lots of action. This was a good UFC.

Peter P

Tiki Vs Bob Cook was another good fight. That was Bob Cook's last MMA fight. Will we ever see him fight again?

I heard he retired a while back.

Menne vs Iha up next!

You Canadians better tape this. This is one of the "dark" UFCs that may never be released on DVD.

Watching this makes me realize how much better the fights were back then. I think at this point there were fewer rules, or maybe the fighters didn't all have the same skillsets like they do now.

Very exciting fights.

I don't think there was that much fewer rules at UFC 24, but they could knee on the ground.

Maybe it's just the fights that night. They all seem less cautious. More wanting to win than wanting not to lose.

Makes for more exciting fights.

Yeah, if I remember almost that entire card was filled with up and coming fighters. SEG didn't pay much in those days, so you know those guys were fighting to make a name for themselves.

I have this on tape from when I watched the PPV. I taped all the UFC's on PPV, but I don't seem to watch them. When they are on TSN I always watch them.

The fights were definitely exciting that night. I think the fights in the UFC lately are very exciting. I was thinking as I was watching Menne/Iha how Iha wasn't well rounded at the time. Now the top fighters are all more well rounded.

Peter P

Gibson vs Andre was another good fight. I remember a thread on here before that fight that was very split on who was going to win that fight. They both had good reputations coming into the fight.

Peter P

Scott Adams is another guy who hasn't fought since winning his UFC debut. Will we ever see Adams or Cook come back.

Dan Severn was refing the Adams/Freeman fight. I liked his attire. He had the stiped referee shirt, black wind pants with the stripe down the leg and an old pair of red wrestling shoes.

A lot of UFC debuts in this UFC. I remember the bitching going on here before this UFC because of all the first timers in the octagon. It turned out to be one of the best UFC's in the 20's.

Peter P

"Dan Severn was refing the Adams/Freeman fight. I liked his attire. He had the stiped referee shirt, black wind pants with the stripe down the leg and an old pair of red wrestling shoes."

That outfit was the shit. The UFC should definitely have Severn as a regular ref, it's an excellent role for older fighters, and his outfit looked much better than the standard one IMO.

That was a great UFC considering it did not have a main event.

Was even better to be there. Very under rated UFC.

I thought that was an amazing event, The last UFC they showed on TSN was shit they showed a fight with Eugene Jackson which was very very boring until a flash knockout and then they showed Pete Williams vs Kevin Randelman which was also boring, shows like the previous one would actually cause people not to buy the UFC, I was going to start a thread about it but I guess them showing a crappy UFC is better than not showing one at all, fortunately the one they showed last night was a thousand times better.

I bought a bootleg tape of that like 4 years ago(so sue me,please don't)...back when I couldn't get UFC on PPV and it took 2+ years for anything to come out on video

TSN used to show a few fights at a time. Lately they've been showing all the UFC's since UFC 22(Tito/Frank). I hope they keep going atleast to 29 (Tito/Kondo) because that is the only one I don't have on tape.

Peter P

ttt

Cant remember if 29 was any good.