UFC 257 results & discussion

UFC 257 took place Saturday, January 23rd from the Etihad Arena on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. The event was headlined by a lightweight bout between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier and aied on ESPN+, ESPN, and ESPN+ PPV.

Main Card (Live on ESPN+ PPV, 10:00 PM EST)

-Dustin Poirier defeated Conor McGregor by KO (Punches), Round 2, 2:32)

-Michael Chandler defeated Dan Hooker by TKO (Strikes, Round 1, 2:30)

-Joanne Calderwood defeated Jessica Eye by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

-Makhmud Muradov defeated Andrew Sanchez by TKO (Strikes, Round 3, 2:59)

-Marina Rodriguez defeated Amanda Ribas by TKO (Strikes, Round 2, 0:54)

Preliminary Card (Live on ESPN, 8:00 PM EST)

-Arman Tsarukyan defeated Matt Frevola  by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)

-Brad Tavares defeated Antonio Carlos Junior by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

-Julianna Pena defeated Sara McMann by Submission (RNC, Round 3, 3:39)

-Marcin Prachnio defeated Khalil Rountree  by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Preliminary Card (Live on ESPN+, 7:00 PM EST)

-Movsar Evloev defeated Nik Lentz by Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)

-Amir Albazi defeated Zhalgas Zhumagulov by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

1 Like

IN

I was shocked to see Poirier is nearly 3:1 dog in this fight. I dont like the idea of betting against McG but I really feel like Poirier has at least a 50/50 chance. 

Great Co-main too. 

I dunno if I'd pay $75 for it tho. Thankful the pub is showing it

3 Likes

Are there walk times so we know when to start streaming the last two fights? 

1 Like
DT_MMA -

I was shocked to see Poirier is nearly 3:1 dog in this fight. I dont like the idea of betting against McG but I really feel like Poirier has at least a 50/50 chance. 

Great Co-main too. 

Fuck. So oddsmakers gave Cerrone a better chance to win than they are with Dustin. Cowboy was around +220, Poirier is +278 on my sports book right now. Am I missing something???? 

Conor will destroy Dustin again tonight and make it look easy. His striking is next level and the oddsmakers know this.

2 Likes
Jump Kick -

Conor will destroy Dustin again tonight and make it look easy. His striking is next level and the oddsmakers know this.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads here. I learned a long time ago to not bet against Conor, but I've been betting Poirier to win for years.  

His striking IS next level you are right. And Dustin gets hit in all of his fights, although he has never really been rocked at LW (other than the illegal Alvarez knee). Such an interesting fight, I might be best served to just sit back and enjoy.

Whats your thoughts on the co-main? 

2 Likes
Underground Feed -

UFC 257 takes place Saturday, January 23rd from the Etihad Arena on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. The event will be headlined by a lightweight bout between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier and airs on ESPN+, ESPN, and ESPN+ PPV.

-Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor

-Michael Chandler vs. Dan Hooker

-Joanne Calderwood vs. Jessica Eye

-Makhmud Muradov vs. Andrew Sanchez

-Amanda Ribas vs. Marina Rodriguez

-Matt Frevola vs. Arman Tsarukyan

-Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Brad Tavares

-Sara McMann vs. Julianna Pena

-Marcin Prachnio vs. Khalil Rountree

-Movsar Evloev vs. Nik Lentz

-Amir Albazi vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov

When does it start? The main card? 

TheSpookedKabuki -
Underground Feed -

UFC 257 takes place Saturday, January 23rd from the Etihad Arena on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. The event will be headlined by a lightweight bout between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier and airs on ESPN+, ESPN, and ESPN+ PPV.

The exact time it shows in your quote dumb ass…

2 Likes

I was just rewatching the first fight on YouTube. Instead of watching McGregor watch Porier for the last 30 sec. he gets rocked then shakes the cobwebs off and he has this look of bewilderment, and then McGregor says something to him and lays him out. Conor is surgical with that left. 

Porier though has evolved so much. 60/40 leaning towards Conor. IMO

https://youtu.be/eMFBEiAJaKc

JuicedBeast -
TheSpookedKabuki -
Underground Feed -

The undergroundfeed is wrong on start times almost every card juice. It’s a fair question and how skinny is your wiener?

Haven't tuned into fights in a while and wouldn't pay $70+ for this card but may head up to the bar and catch them.

Haven't followed UFC closely the last few years and haven't followed Poirrer's latest run, does he have a legitimate shot or is this a nice set up to get Conor a win

2breath2feel -
JuicedBeast -
TheSpookedKabuki -
Underground Feed -

The undergroundfeed is wrong on start times almost every card juice. It’s a fair question and how skinny is your wiener?

You’re giving the troll too much credit. Please ask your mom she’ll give you the run down son!

1 Like

Hey, don't forget what makes this PPV worth every penny: If one of the guys does something "special" Khabib might think about coming back!

No, really, it's true. Dana said so! These guys are (maybe) fighting for a chance to (maybe) fight Khabib! Yes, I know he's already choked out one of them and neck cranked another and one of them got KO'd by Bellator's champ... but still, Khabib might Khome back! 

Bonus: Some of the chicks might be just 1 or 2 wins away from fighting for a belt!

1 Like
Otis the Drunk -

Haven't tuned into fights in a while and wouldn't pay $70+ for this card but may head up to the bar and catch them.

Haven't followed UFC closely the last few years and haven't followed Poirrer's latest run, does he have a legitimate shot or is this a nice set up to get Conor a win

Poirier is on a great run. Beat Max Holloway last yr. he’s had a couple setbacks but he’s top 5. Def in his prime. 

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if Conor beats him worse this time. Hope it’s a good fight though. But doubt it.

https://www.ufc.com/events#

Check link often as the start time changes often.

4pm PST early prelims, 5pm prelim, 7pm main

DT_MMA -

Great Co-main too. 

I think its somewhat less than 50/50, especially to a guy who ko'd him. Standup Conner has a distinct advantage, grappling is close [no idea has the advantage] toughness, cardio, durability go to Dustin. Both of these guys were easily dispatched by Kabib, Porier probably worse. Poriers a live dog but the odds are probably accurate.

DubD -

Wouldn’t be surprised if Conor beats him worse this time. Hope it’s a good fight though. But doubt it.

IF Conor's standup is miles ahead of Porier it will be a short fight. Probably like the Alverez fight. If Porier has improved enough to defend the onslaught he could wear Conor down if he can survive the first three rounds.

DT_MMA -
Jump Kick -

I'm at a bit of a crossroads here. I learned a long time ago to not bet against Conor, but I've been betting Poirier to win for years.  

His striking IS next level you are right. And Dustin gets hit in all of his fights, although he has never really been rocked at LW (other than the illegal Alvarez knee). Such an interesting fight, I might be best served to just sit back and enjoy.

Whats your thoughts on the co-main? 

Michael Johnson knocked Dustin out @ LW.