UFC 296 Edwards v. Covington thread

Man, 170 needs some new blood. Just looked at the rankings and outside of Shavkat, it’s pretty meh.

Leon might break the defense record if he can somehow get past Shavkat. Next up would be guys like Garry and Maddalena, who aren’t overly impressive.

2 Likes

That’s what I was saying . He didn’t have that look in his eyes . And that big mouth exhale in intros like oh fuck

Watch, they won’t show the video now cause there was more action in DDP v Strickland

I was hoping for the high definition slow motion replay that the UFC said they had.

1 Like

Everything these guys said pre-fight was true. Colby was washed and was fortunate to have postured himself to a 3rd title fight.

Obvious why he refused to fight any legit contenders like Burns, Khamzat, Shavkat, Wonderboy, etc. And then shits the bed on a gift 3rd shot.

What a joke.

1 Like

So funny to watch everyone turn on Colby. Even the whole crowd was booing him at the end. You guys got sold a whole lot kf wolf tickets lol.

3 Likes

What was Colby’s game plan there?

I would pay money to see Colby have to fight Khamzat. Khamzat would demolish Colby.

I havent bought a UFC card in many years. Id be willing to pay to see Khamzat maul him and embaress him. You know he would run off crying like when Usman broke his jaw.

1 Like

Can you imagine these current guys against the GSP, Fitch, Big Rig, Koscheck, Thiago Alves, Condit, Hughes, Sherk, Diaz, Lawler eras?

4 Likes

Nah they don’t like me either lol one of them is actively rooting for my downfall right here on this thread

Cormier should speak to his doctor about Ozempic ™

1 Like

Hope that Leon tripped on the booger in the center of the cage floor and broke his own neck

1 Like

Prime Covington beats them all except GSP

1 Like

I disagree with that. I don’t think Colby is washed, I think he was never that good to begin with. Most overrated fighter of all time. Never beat anyone good in their prime literally ever.

2 Likes

Can we stop saying Colby woulda been champ if not for Usman now?

4 Likes

my take… Colby thought he was going to outstrike Leon. then quickly realized he was outclassed when everytime he tried to throw something, thud, counter by Leon and it hurt

4 Likes

youre a total fucking clown

2 Likes

Remember, Colby Covington was on the verge of being cut from the UFC because he was boring. Then he invented this persona and sctick. Its phony, just like any good pro wrestling character. It kept him around and getting fights, but it didn’t make him a better, More exciting fighter.

Wolf tickets

7 Likes

Cormier should try GoLo™