UFC 297 Strickland v. Du Plessis thread

Can’t tell if serious…

So did the writers poll by 13-10. Means it was not definitive at all but also means Stickland fans are just salty too.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/14480/Dricus-Du-Plessis-vs-Sean-Strickland

1 Like

Rogan/Bravo etc, gave it to Strckland.

However, if Rogan was in the announcer booth, feeling the pressure, he would have seen it differently.

3 Likes

The real winner is whoever named the new mythical fighter North of the Border Magny!!

1 Like

Their opinions mean nothing. Have you watched their pod during main events? They’re all talking and laughing and not truly paying attention at all

1 Like

That headbut got some of the judges

1 Like

Not definitive but actually looks at the numbers and tries apply them to the actual criteria. And he agrees with the 3-2 score for DDP. He reviews R2 and 3 which means the other rounds were clear and gives both rounds to DDP due to landing the heavier shots. Strickland outlands DDP in both but the criteria says that damage trumps all. Agree or disagree but this is at least a more methodical way to asssess esp factoring in (and actually quoting) the criteria.

Meanwhile the UG: but Schaub thought Strickland won!!

1 Like

They don’t have the commentary on since they are providing the commentary. In that way, you see the fight without Anik and DC’s hype. It that way you see the fight how it took place.

Canadian fighters went 2-7

Anyone that quotes Schaub….

1 Like

I could see it either way but I think in a rematch Strickland just needs to move forward and trust he can get back up if taken down. Forward pressure from Strickland would make that a completely different fight

This can’t be “super secret super fight” that supposedly fell in Dana’s lap can it? If it is the UFC can fuck off.

Could be Leon Islam.

Could be but Ariel seemed to shoot that down due to Ramadan.

Could we just agree that it was a super boring fight?

1 Like

The main event was good

Fuck, i might be the issue then, lol. I didn’t like the jab fest at all.

1 Like

Stickland fights rarely are overly entertaining due to his style. He’s just a solid fighter which makes things look boring sometimes.

Or Ronda vs Raquel after seeing how both girls looked in the title fight lol.

This. I wanted Sean to win badly, but he did nothing in that fight deserving of a win.