UFC 66 in HD?

As far as I know I can't order the ppv in HD. am i wrong? Why are replays they show on tv sometimes available in HD?

A UG'er who works on UFC productions has stated on here that the UFC is essentially ready to broadcast HD and the PPV providers are catching up.... that's why you may have seen replays (e.g. on InHD) broadcast in HD. Here in So-Cal I know that Time-Warner will have a HD PPV channel available by mid-January.

In fact this may be one of the last UFC PPV's only available in SD :)

ah i seee... thanks for the info

I'd shit a plaid eggroll to see the UFC in HD. The WEC shows broadcast in HD on HDnet are/were phenomenal.

Yeah I can't wait either. Not sure if you could tell but last UFC the image quality and graphics looked really fresh i.e. HD ready. It's only a matter of time...

they had something on xbox 360's online channel...
something about hd

I'm fairly sure it's shot in HD and even though it would cost more, there is the capability to broadcast live in HD (I think HBO has done this for boxing). I think it's just a matter of InDemand and other PPV companies catching up... and I'm sure UFC can recover any costs by raising another $5 or something the price of purchase.

"and I'm sure UFC can recover any costs by raising another $5 or something the price of purchase."

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Rule Dogg is right........I wanted HD UFC fights last year!

answers to the above questions can be found here:

http://www.mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&PID=1&TID=896536&FID=1

jhedges is the UFC source

I'd like the UFC to bump up the Net PPV to at least 1000kbps. At 600kbps, there can be quite a bit of artifacts and the resolution is a bit low.

But hey, I'll take what I can get in Oz.

You guys caught the announcement, right? UFC broadcast HD in Feb :)

"You guys caught the announcement, right? UFC broadcast HD in Feb :)"

Awesome! Ads for Xyience and Mickeys in HD!!!