UFC 66 salaries...

"The sad thing is most of these fighters are so stupid they don't even have health insurance."

Doesn't the UFC provide them with some sort of medical coverage? I was under the impression they were required to in order to be sanctioned in Nevada?

"ryan: that was alves' 6th ufc bout he has more than earned his payscale."

Every fight he's had has been a prelim (I believe). I think it's great that he's getting paid, it just surprises me that he made over 4 times as much as PDP when PDP holds a win over a former champion and was fighting on the main card (and he's a heavyweight). Even if he lost and PDP won, Alves still would've earned more money.

Leben's had, what, 8 fights in the UFC now? He was on the reality show, is fairly popular, and all of his fights have been on the main card. (Edit: I forgot that Leben's fight with Thacker was a prelim...but still, 7 main card fights.) But Alves still had a bigger purse.

You don't find that surprising?

these seem very low, my coach just got paid 8g's to fight beatdown at bakersfield

PDP holds a win over a former chaA former champ that is in no way a good as he once was. If they had met before the crash there is no way he would have that win.

I dont think he pays out KO and sub of the night bonuses, all salary
that was paid has to be reported to the Athletic Commission, thats
where these numbers come from.

I remember some UFCs early on(Louisiana ones I went to) that paid something like $500 but I could be wrong.

But with the money UFC makes now I think a $3000 pay scale is about the same

I am not a fan of base pay. I like the idea od pay to show and pay to go.

There should always be an incentive to win.

i see some gross underpayments

"all salary that was paid has to be reported to the Athletic Commission"

No all purse has to be reported to the commission. Training stipends, signing bonuses etc. do not.

The UFC always has a fight of the night, sub of the night, and KO of the night bonus.

Arlovski/PDP paychecks gave me a good laugh.

"I don't want to defend Zuffa or disrespect your opinions but there are guys (and I'm sure good guys) that would PAY $3,000 to fight in the UFC."

Dude... it's stupid talk.... this makes you look
like you think that these guys are amateurs. The UFC is THE SHOW. These are pro fighters, I can't believe that you think this little of them, the amount of training and prep that these guys go though.... 10-15k just for showing up.

Dana can afford it.

"Go park cars at the belagio for $75k per year. "

What? How is that?

"lol. Man, you guys need to look at boxing.
Most pro boxers would love a $5K payday, let alone a payday that doubled that if they won"

That's bullshit and you know it.

"That's bullshit and you know it."

You must not know much about boxing. Most guys are happy to get $100 a round.

colubrid1 i'm serious. Those cats parking cars make a good living. Some times I tip $20 for getting my car quickly. I know several different people who tip $100 if the circumstances are right. The guy who opens the cab door at the front of the hotel makes several hundred thousand a year. Every 30 seconds he opens the door for someone adn gets either no tip, a couple of dollars or ten to twenty dollars. He works 12 hours shifts. You do the math. I bullshit you not.

ttt