UFC 70 on HBO

I just read on UFC junkie that UFC 70 (to be held in england) will be shown on HBO. It seems that it might not be shown of PPV at all and that the UFC might increase their output of shows to make up for any lost revenue. This is going to be interesting.

By the way, the card is starting to look like this:

Tito Ortiz vs. TBA

Forrest Griffin vs. TBA

Michael Bisping vs. TBA

Link?

http://ufcjunkie.com/

I may just have to turn up for that

I may just have to turn up for that

UFC70: The Baddist Athlete?

So is the idea to use second-tier fights -- famous faces, but no immediate title contenders or championship bouts -- for HBO shows? It makes sense that they'd want to save the important stuff for PPV. That'd put HBO shows between PPVs and UFNs in terms of quality.

lmfao

Would HBO be better exposure for a fighter than PPV?  If so, I gotta get myself on that card... :-)

Elvis

"That'd put HBO shows between PPVs and UFNs in terms of quality."

That's what I've been expecting all along.

TBA has to fight 3 tough fights that night! Tough bastard!

"TBA has to fight 3 tough fights that night! Tough bastard! "

do people still think these jokes are funny?

"do people still think these jokes are funny?"

Even as I started this thread, I was cringing. I knew we'd get at least one wannabe comedian doing the TBA jokes.

What is the point of this?

Let's see Elvis on HBO!

"What is the point of this?"

The point of what?

wow, maybe they can put the UFC on many many pay networks so I have to subscribe to more packages with my satellite company and buy every PPV. This will be awesome! WOW

yeah i dont wanna have to buy hbo for this. but hopefully it reaches more people who dont get the ppv"s.

hopefully it is simulcasted on HBO and PPV or is played on HBO the next day. If every card for UFC was on HBO after the PPV, then I would get HBO