UFC 71 Weakest card ever?

if you don't think salavery vs. martin is a good fight, you're crazy.

besides i thought the ug would cream itself of ivan's return since they bitched and moan when he was gone.

How can anyone complain when UFC 72 is headlined [so far] by Rich Franklin vs. Martin Kampmann and Forrest Griffin vs. Hector Ramirez.

I mean seriously, what the hell?

"How can anyone complain when UFC 72 is headlined [so far] by Rich Franklin vs. Martin Kampmann and Forrest Griffin vs. Hector Ramirez."

It's another European show like UFC 70.

Rampage destroying Chuck will be worth the ppv cost alone.

I'm pumped for the whole card.

Salmon at 185 will be interesting.

Salverry, Jardine always fun to watch.

oops, Schafer's LHW

oh well

*NEWS FLASH*

{{{Two opponents fight in the octagon to determine a winner.}}}

How boring was arlovski vs Werdum? Koscheck vs Diego?

How great was edgar vs griffin or Huerta vs garcia

ababes, I can't believe you start this horseshit thread after all the upsets lately. How do you know these fights are going to suck? is it because the matches don't look good to you on the paper? You have a learning curve of a frog. Don't buy it. But "real" mma fans like to watch fights, no matter if it's Serra vs St.Pierre or Gonzaga vs Cro Cop. get out of here

The UFC is becoming just like boxing one big fight per PPV and that is all. The thing is that as long as that one big fight sells then it makes perfect business sense to do it like that.

"The UFC is becoming just like boxing one big fight per PPV and that is all."

There's really no denying this anymore. Decent main event but the undercard is sorely lacking. I like Karo and all, but he's the only top guy on the whole damn undercard. This card was a lot better when Tito/Rashad was on it.

Unlike boxing, the undercard fights are usually exciting.

ANother example of Joe Silva's terrible matchmaking. He wastes are time with Bispin/Elvis, and now Jardie/Houston, when Bispin/Jardine on one or the other recent cards would have been far more appealing.

Not worth $40. People don't buy PPVs because the fights themselves might be great; they buy to watch great fighters, and there are not enough on this card. Hey, every day on cable there are decent fighters who may engage in an epic struggle. When I pay good money, I want top tier fighters. The strength of the card, combined with the UFC's recent history of jamming their PPVs with advertisements, makes UFC 71 a pretty tough sell.

the card looks ok to me

I'm an MMA fan as well. (Obiviously) Its just hard to shell out 40 bucks a month, when I know i'm not getting my bang 4 my buck.

71 looks alot better than 72.

i don;t think it is a great card but i do think it will produce some good fights..especially liddell/rampage, burkman/karo and the silva/irvin fight which i feel may be the most exciting fight on there when all is said and done.

salaverry/martin may be good but i think ivan wins by sub in round 1.

schaffer/salmon, i have no interest in. i think salmon gets subbed.

jardine has a gimme fight...

leben/starnes is a ufn figt at best. starnesi feel may win this in a slight upset.

din is good to watch.

Same thread for every card...........

"71 looks alot better than 72."

I totally disagree. That card has 3 top notch fights on it.

The July card looks Awesome!! 3 Sweet fights!!

Good to see Ivan back if the UFC.

Martin has incredible hands, I think it should be a good match.