UFC 72- Taylor out, Jason Dent in

http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/05/09/ufcjunkiecom-exclusive-paul-taylor-out-jason-dent-in-at-ufc-72/

Jason DentEnglish fighter Paul Taylor (8-1-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC), who posted a TKO victory over Edilberto de Oliveira in his UFC debut last month, has been scratched from his UFC 72 bout with Marcus Davis (11-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) because of a broken thumb. Ohio fighter Jason Dent (12-8 MMA, 0-2 UFC) will serve as his replacement in the June 16 welterweight fight.

Davis confirmed the news to UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) this morning.

The loss of Taylor does provide a significant hit to the UFC 72 card. With eight consecutive victories (including three straight in the UFC), Davis was looking to move his UFC record to 4-1 and hopefully stand out in a crowded 170-pound division. After posting a professional boxing record of 17-1-2, “The Irish Hand Grenade” appeared on The Ultimate Fighter 2 and has since become one of the most-improved fighters to come out of the Spike TV series.

He would have had an extremely tough test in Taylor, and their bout could have very well ended up on the televised portion of the event.

Instead, Davis will now face Dent, who’s still on the hunt for what’s proven to be an elusive first win in the UFC. The well-rounded MMA fighter took two tough opponents the distance but lost decisions to each: Roger Huerta at UFC 63 and Gleison Tibau at UFC 68.

This will be Dent’s first UFC fight at 170 pounds. His previous two were at 155.

It’s still unknown if his bout with Davis will make the night’s main card.

UFC 72, Ireland’s first-ever UFC event, takes place at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast. The event, which is headlined by former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin vs. top contender Yushin Okami, airs live on Spike TV.

For the latest UFC 72 card, check out the UFC Rumors section of UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com).

shit...i thought that was one of the best fights on their. either way ttt for marcus getting shown on the main card.

Why is Dent moving up to 170?

This is the wrong not Jason Dent. It's Jason Tan I am fighting- he is from the UK and is 5-0. He is a Gracie Barra (Baha) guy I think.

'This is the wrong not Jason Dent. It's Jason Tan I am fighting- he is from the UK and is 5-0. He is a Gracie Barra (Baha) guy I think.'

That is good to hear.

I was really looking forward to you fighting Taylor though, I thought it was one of the best matchups on the card.