UFC 96: Boiler Room

UFC 96: Boiler Room

February 28th, 2009 by Dino Kostakio

The main event,  Keith Jardine vs. Quinton Jackson,  promises to be an exciting fight. Jardine has spoiled some high-level fighters’ nights in the past - Wilson Gouveia, Forrest Griffin, Chuck Liddell, and Brandon Vera - and probably gave Dana White and the Fertitta brothers fits in the process. However, he has been on the receiving end of disappointment as well; most notably his recent KO losses to Houston Alexander and Wanderlei Silva.

I think that most would agree, a win over Jackson seems to be almost desperately needed for the Albuquerquian fighter, especially if he aspires to remain a force to be reckoned with in the UFC’s light heavyweight division. In Quinton Jackson’s case, another loss for him may begin to raise questions as to where he stands in the division, so you can bet that he has every intention of making Jardine his sacrificial lamb in order to quickly raise his stock again. And I thought I had pressure in my job! MORE...

Dino?

I like the name....

Ben Affleck probably watched a lot of TUF speeches from Dana to help with his character in the movie....