UFC 98 summation

Edgar = awesome. A real threat in the division. Extremely fast, wrestling second only to Maynard's, excellent combinations, outcardio'd Sherk, training ground with Almeida. Can't see any way for, say, Diego or Guida to beat him. Neither can outwrestle him and he's much better than both on the feet.

Larson = still scary. Great addition to the division. Larson vs Kampmann next, please.

Serra = robbed, but since much or possibly all of his success was due to essentially KOing Hughes with a 1-2 headbutt and back of the head punch, it's hard to feel too bad.

Hughes = looked bad but it's hard to say how much of that is because he was out of it almost immediately. Still, his standup looked awful from the get-go. It's weird how his standup was very decent against Penn and seems to have gone dramatically downhill. I think he'd be better off if he hadn't left Miletich.

Machida = awesome, obviously. Finally doing what I've been hoping he'd do all along, i.e., use the fact that he totally outclasses his opponents to wreck them rather than merely outpoint them. This time out he showed another facet -- "old Vitor" style hand blitzes.

Sonnen = very boring fight for the most part. Sonnen vs Okami is the obvious next fight to make (as an untelevised prelim).

No ads, interviews, or other filler = awesome. 8 fights shown. Please keep it up. Since nothing is perfect, though, there was certainly enough time left to show the 2.5 minute Yoshida fight (and the 1 minute Bradley fight, but maybe they didn't want to show a glaring fuckup).

good show.

I agree with most of your summation

No ads, interviews, or other filler = awesome. 8 fights shown. Please keep it up. Since nothing is perfect, though, there was certainly enough time left to show the 2.5 minute Yoshida fight (and the 1 minute Bradley fight, but maybe they didn't want to show a glaring fuckup).

i like this too

Excellent event. When it comes to that Machida fight, I Haven't felt that much joy since Couture dropped Timmy with that first punch.

machida vs evans was one of my favorite fights i have ever watched.

Good summation. I think the Hughes/Serra fight could of went either way.

Edgar/Sherk was definitely fight of the night for me. Amazing job by Edgar, he looks better almost every time I see him fight.

Girljock -  gonna be a tough choice for knockout of the night...

Gotta be Machida's. Brutal Vitor/Baroni-style assault resulting in Nelmark-style KO, in a title fight against an undefeated fighter.

TTT for shotokan old vitor punches!

Dana agrees with me as far as being blown away by Edgar's performance. Although he bizarrely said he didn't even know Edgar had hands, which makes no sense since his win over Tyson mostly came from outboxing him.

nice summary orcus.

i really liked Edgar's standup.

he's coming along nicely.

Edgar's foot work and head movement should get honorable mention. Some of the best use of boxing technique I have seen in an MMA fight.

Machida and his left hand karate death blow was awesome too!