UFC + Boxing = 15 big cards in 8 week run! Pretty cool

Very nice.

One minor disappointment. I wish Yan vs Sterling rematch was in USA, with a loud crowd. The fight will be great. Intense. Instead, it will be fought in silence, in the Middle East.

September 25th - (1) Joshua-Usyk. 65k fans in stadium. London. HW Joshua vs Undisputed (undefeated) CW Champion, and Olympic gold medalist Usyk.

(2) UFC 266:

Alexander Volkanovski (c) vs. Brian Ortega [a]
Women’s Flyweight Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Lauren Murphy [b]
Welterweight Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler
Heavyweight Curtis Blaydes vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
Women’s Flyweight Jéssica Andrade vs. Cynthia Calvillo
Preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+)
Bantamweight Marlon Moraes vs. Merab Dvalishvili
Lightweight Dan Hooker vs. Nasrat Haqparast

October 2nd (3) UFC Fight Night: Johnny Walker vs Thiago Santos

October 4th (4) Lopez vs Kombosas Undisputed LW title.

October 9th (5) Fury vs Wilder III

October 16th (6) UFC Fight Night: Miesha Tate vs Ketlen Viera

October 23rd (7) Shakur Stevenson vs Herring - Herring is Champion, and Shakur might be the new Mayweather.

(8) UFC Fight Night: Paulo Costa vs Marvin Vettori

October 30th (9) UFC 267
Jan Błachowicz (c) vs. Glover Teixeira [a]
Bantamweight Aljamain Sterling (c) vs. Petr Yan [b]
Light Heavyweight Magomed Ankalaev vs. Volkan Oezdemir
Heavyweight Alexander Volkov vs. Marcin Tybura
Welterweight Li Jingliang vs. Khamzat Chimaev
Women’s Strawweight Amanda Ribas vs. Virna Jandiroba

(15) Dilian Whyte vs Otto Wallin.

November 6th (10) Canelo vs Plant - Las Vegas. Fox PPV

(11) UFC 268:
Kamaru Usman (c) vs. Colby Covington [a]
Women’s Strawweight Rose Namajunas (c) vs. Zhang Weili [b]
Lightweight Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler
Middleweight Sean Strickland vs. Luke Rockhold
Bantamweight Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera
Lightweight Al Iaquinta vs. Bobby Green

November 13th (12) UFC Fight Night - Max Holloway vs Y Rodriguez

November 20th (13) Bud Crawford vs Shawn Porter - WW title on ESPN PPV

(14) UFC Fight Night - Michael Chiesa vs Sean Brady

8 Likes

266 & 268…… mother fucking yes

Can’t wait for some UG’er to comment “oh man there’s too many cards happening too fast. I miss the days of a PPV feeling like a true event”

Save that nonsense. This is an awesome time to be a fight fan

1 Like

Yeah, Autumn always seems to get a run like this. Summer has a couple of peaks, but is more quiet. Then Autumn, and the run up to Chritmas, usually there are good cards every week.

I remember after the Strikeforce purchase, the Autumn run was amazing. Every week had stacked card, after stacked card.

Diaz v Penn, Hendo v Shogun, Jones v Machida, Nate Diaz v Cowboy, Cain v JDS, Brock v Overeem, Bisping v Mayhem and on and on. Mayweather, Manny in boxing too.

I like the Autumn run.

1 Like

Great list DY3, some of these cards are good as well. I like the ONE FW kickboxing GP, the Bellator GP semis, the Fedor fight and PFL finals and MVP and Romero fights as well. Was looking forward to Minakov Fortune on the Fedor card but Fortune is out. Minakov vs Sowma now.

10/15 ONE FW GP
10/16 Bellator LHW GP
10/19 UFC CS
10/22 BKFC
10/23 KSW
10/23 GLORY
10/23 Bellator Russia
10/26 UFC CS
10/27 PFL Finals
10/29 ONE
11/2 UFC CS
11/5 Bellator Dublin

These fights on 9/18 and 10/1 are good too.

5 Likes

Very cool. I thought of including Bellator, but I don’t follow the calendar as closely as I do with UFC/boxing. I just tune in when a big fight happens.

But, hey, your list is better than I would have done anyway. Lot of good fights there.

Nah you list is awesome, I forgot all about Wilder Fury III. Just a lot of fun fights coming up. Good thing too, everyone needs a break from covid and the grind.

1 Like

1 Like

Why did Coker put Phil Davis vs Romero?! That is almost guaranteed to be a boring fight

MVP beats Lima in the rematch

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve parted with $$$ to support the UFC due to lackluster PPVs.

If UFC 268 holds together, I will have no problem parting with $70 (or my share thereof among buddies). I like every match-up listed.

1 Like

Updated with another great boxing fight. Oct 30 - Dillian Whyte vs Otto Wallin. Two legit top ten HW’s face each other in a London Arena.

Otto cut Fury, and gave him a hard fight. And Whyte, has a good resume, and is an exciting fighter.

MMA has a good schedule, and boxing actually has a chance to salvage what has been an otherwise terrible year for the sport so far, some big fights condensed into a short space of time to make up for the drought.

1 Like

Great run

1 Like

Take a week or two away from combat sports and regroup a little bit because ONE is hosting their biggest show ever (in Chatri’s words) for their 10th anniversary show on Dec 5th and it already has two title fights Le vs Tonon, Bibiano vs Lineker and a Mighty Mouse vs Rotang mixed rules fight announced.

Then UFC has a Fight Night the night before with Fizaev vs Riddell announced already on the 4th.

Then on the 11th UFC has Oliveira vs Poirier plus two other title fights and a couple other decent fights booked. They got another FN on the 18th too.

Closing out the year is the RIZIN NYE show that is usually decent and this year ONE is doing their first NYE show so hopefully they will have some good fights booked.

I think we can say that there are a lot of solid fights and events booked during and right before the 4th quarter of the year.

1 Like

I guess it don’t matter to most people but since I was such a huge fan of old school JMMA and kickboxing NYE shows that I liked that UFC usually did a Dec 29th or 30th PPV. They are not doing a end of Dec PPV this year and they did not do one in 2019 or 2020 either. They now end the year with a Fight Night around the 18th. Jones Gus II PPV was their last end of Dec PPV and that was 2018. Oh well, things change.

2 Likes

I agree. I used to like those big end of year shows too. I wasn’t around around for Pride. Started watching MMA in 2006/2007.

But I remember one UFC end of year show had:

Big Nog vs Frank Mir
Wanderlei vs Rampage III
Rashad vs Forest.

Then another had

Brock vs Overeem
Nate Diaz vs Cowboy

Yep, they used to be very good.

First ever UFC end of year card was Liddell vs Ortiz in 06. Nothing mind blowing about the card but it had Griffin Jardine in the co-main and Bisping, Arlovski etc… were on the card.

Dynamite was ok that year. I don’t think I got to see it live. Forget why.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-1_PREMIUM_2006_Dynamite!!

1 Like

Abdurakhimov vs Chris Daukaus is also on the UFC PPV this weekend and it goes down right before the Hooker and Moraes fights I see. Good prelims.

Been looking forward to 10/15 to 11/06 so much that 266 this weekend was under the radar to me. Should be a great night.

1 Like

WAR DIAZ!!

1 Like

UFC 266

Fight card[edit]

Featherweight Alexander Volkanovski (c) vs. Brian Ortega [a]
Women’s Flyweight Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Lauren Murphy [b]
Welterweight Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler
Heavyweight Curtis Blaydes vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
Women’s Flyweight Jéssica Andrade vs. Cynthia Calvillo
Preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+)
Bantamweight Marlon Moraes vs. Merab Dvalishvili
Lightweight Dan Hooker vs. Nasrat Haqparast
Heavyweight Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Chris Daukaus
Early preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+ / UFC Fight Pass)
Women’s Flyweight Manon Fiorot vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
Middleweight Karl Roberson vs. Nick Maximov
Welterweight Matthew Semelsberger vs. Martin Sano Jr.