UFC Cards Have Been In Shambles Lately

Tsarukyan, Gamrot, Rakhmonov, and Nurmagomedov all on the same card and you’re not excited? You sound like a casual.

3 Likes

PFL is trash can time and shouldn’t even exist

2 Likes

Yeah a free card that I magically get for free by totally not paying for ESPN+ and other people totally don’t pay $100+ for cable to watch on ESPN proper. Yeah, this card is completely free and has no cost to me or anyone else who wants to watch in real time and in HD.

1 Like

I’m hardly a casual. A new fan if anything, but the sport is completely different from what it was just 3-4 years ago. I blame lockdowns, but I also despise big govt and am borderline anarchist at this point.

1 Like

What age group are you in, I’m guessing 20’s.

1 Like

Just barely. Not that it matters. I’m a fan of the fights, of the show, and there’s no show right now about half the time. It’s a bunch of fights in front of like 200 people. The UFC is supposed to be a spectacle. And until the norm is fights in front of fans like we had the last two weeks and before the govt lockdowns, I’ll continue to feel that it isn’t.

I’m hardly a casual. A new fan if anything, but the sport is completely different from what it was just 3-4 years ago.

Lol no it isnt. Same amount of cards, same WMMA, same level of corporatization, same finish rates, most of the same names. The only real difference is the apex shows. A lot of the stuff people complain about (oversaturation, WMMA) has been in place for like a decade at this point, its a by product of big networks and corporate suits starting to get involved in the early 2010s.

Let me guess, you started watching 4 years ago when Conor/Khabib happened so you’re nostalgic about it? 2018 was actually a pretty dead year until right near the end with that one huge fight. It felt like the buzz had died down significantly in 17/18 after a spike in late 2015 through 2016. Then even before that there were years (2014 especially) where it felt like things were kinda dead compared to the first big boom in like 2008-2011. And even in THOSE years you had people on here talking about how things werent the same now Pride is gone and even some people pining for the SEG years and less rules.

It’s hilarious listening to you fan boys suck the UFC’s dick. They’re cheap as fuck and won’t pay fighters once they get established. Everyone is a casual because they don’t enjoy EVERY fucking card lately. Go watch Macie Barber vs Aspen Ladd and tell everyone how hardcore of a fan you are.

3 Likes

You dont have to watch EVERY card though. Thats like 7 hours of time commitment practically every weekend which is not reasonable. The cards are there if you want to watch but you’re not really gonna lose anything if you skip some and tune in for the ones you care about.

I’ve just come to the conclusion that I don’t give a shit about MMA anymore. Never thought I’d say that. Watched every card, VHS, etc that I could since ‘98. I’m sure I’ll still get the cards I’m interested in but, not many.

No. I’ve been watching for about half a decade now.

Apex cards with middling talents is what’s changed. UFC cards, and particularly the ones at the Apex, are full of unproven and debuting fighters who should still be fighting in LFA and the other regional promotions, not the UFC. The old FSN cards were bad, but that was mostly due to the shit pacing Fox had on those final FSN/FOX cards. The ESPN cards are bad for completely different reasons.

1 Like

I haven’t watched UFC in ages. Wake me up when Usman or Khabib fights, but that’s about it.

Armwestling is 10x more exciting lately, it’s like the UFC was in the 90s. That sport is popping off bigly.

Didn’t you say your favorite sport to watch was one eyed snake wrestling?

1 Like

I was at the UFC fight night in Austin and it was great

1 Like

Dude the apex shit has only been for like 2 years and its only for the smaller cards now. I dont like it much either but its a blip in the grand scheme of things. I also agree that theres fighters on the roster who arent good enough to be there but its gonna happen when you have to put out so much content that you need a fucking huge roster. And again, its not like every single card absolutely needs to be watched start to finish. Putting it in perspective, the UFC put out 10 cards in 2005 (the most they’d ever done at that point), then they were at 20 in 2008, 30+ in 2012 and 40+ in 2014 which is roughly where its stayed since. The “fuck this is getting time consuming and harder to keep up with” phenomenon already kicked in a long time ago. I do miss the days where every card felt special but they’re gone and they’re not coming back. Theres still great cards happening, they’re just mixed in with a lot of throwaway shit now.

1 Like

Maybe having a Minor league to build guys up before hitting the big time. I don’t know. That way it’s not over saturated with mediocre unknowns & the UFC cards would just have the top talent. And you can watch the up & comers rising up through the minor ranks.

Nah you’re an utter casual if you dont recognize the main event or Shavkat.

1 Like

And yet you still waste your time on an mma forum. Makes you wonder…

1 Like

This is a good card. I’m not sure what people are bitching about.

1 Like

You mean like the Contender Series???

1 Like