UFC Channel

Zuffa needs to start a UFC channel.

They have 300+ hours of UFC events. 100+ hours of Pride events. 100+ hours of TUF episodes. 100+ hours of Ultimate Fight Nights. 100+ hours of WEC events.

They could charge like 19.99 or 24.95 a month and have all of the PPV's broadcast on the channel.  (and still charge 54.95 for the one-off casual fans who dont subscribe to the channel)

They would only need to add some some nightly/weekly content like...

* Joe Rogan show (A  morning UFC/MMA version of Mike and Mike or a late-night Art Bell type show)

* Half-hour UFC Sportscenter type show

* Ariel Hawani interview based show (Like fighting words)

They could also have technique based shows, for the nicer produced instructionals.

Endless possibilities. They need to make it happen.

I agree. They have way too much content not to use. It's bad enough you can't get most of what they have in DVD format, they should at least offer it up on a channel that you can DVR...

Now this is something I can support ...

TTT

BLAF make it happen!!

I wonder what's stopping them from doing this.. This has to have been on the agenda.. I say they strike while the iron is the hottest.

TTT for a Baldfather explaination!

spike /

They have UFC OnDemand with Comcast Cable.

I just think there are too many great possibilities with the channel to not do it.

They can still keep their existing relationships with other channels, but the UFC channel can then pick up on the content after its originally aired.

My idea is centered around having the PPV's on the actual channel. Zuffa benifits by have a monthly stream of revenue from the fans and we get a one stop channel for all UFC content. You add in some live nightly/weekly content and its a huge hit imo.

Throw in, weigh-ins, press conferences, video blogs etc it would be a sick channel.

crowbar - 

They have UFC OnDemand with Comcast Cable.

Different idea.

IMO Zuffa needs Kangaroo on payroll ...

You are just rolling out some sick ideas right now.

Been thinking this for a long time. That would give subscribers the monthly ppv discounted.($24.95>$59.99) But it would also be guarrenteed monthly rev. for the UFC. Win for the fans win for the UFC.

MotorBoater85 - IMO Zuffa needs Kangaroo on payroll ...

You are just rolling out some sick ideas right now.

Thats what I'm talking about!

I'll get the project rolling, make them some money and get us a one-stop place for all our UFC needs.

PM me Dana

i'd prefer an MMA channel, where they show SF, Bellator, WEC, and the Japanese ones too.

i'd be satisfied with a UFC channel though, it would be a good start

Nexuscrawlers -  i'd prefer an MMA channel, where they show SF, Bellator, WEC, and the Japanese ones too.

It would be tough to get Zuffa to "share" a channel with anyone IMO.

We all saw what happened with the Fedor deal.

They have over 700 hours of exclusive content. Meaning, you could roll it in an endless loop for a month before you repeated any event on the channel. (With new content constantly rolling in)

Add in PPV's, weigh-ins, press conferences, video blogs, instructionals plus live content like a nightly UFC-Center, Joe Rogan show, Ariel Hawani call in show, the Buffer Zone etc and you have a powerhouse of a channel. It consolidates the fan base, gives Zuffa a steady revenue stream and gets their products/partnerships/content directly to the target base. Plus, it doesnt have to compete with their existing deals with other channels.

I seriously don't understand why this hasn't happened yet. Come on Baldfather, we've been on this topic for an hour now and this channel still is not offered by my cable provider.

i wouldnt pay for that...with the internet for insight and interviews and all the dvds i got my own channe;ll

When the UFC is doing shows 2x a week it will happen.

Nexuscrawlers -  i'd prefer an MMA channel, where they show SF, Bellator, WEC, and the Japanese ones too.

HD Net does a lot of coverage of those events.

Zuffa holds the quality content (UFC, WEC, Pride) and the rights to the best fighters. They need to get the content to work for them and a dedicated channel is the best way to do so. And, whose to say if the channel took off that they could strike deals with other events like K-1 for rebroadcast rights? Granted they arent going to cross promote, but some events, like K-1, dont threaten their expansion. Owning the content is key and Zuffa's library runs deep.

Great idea, love it!

deebosilva - i wouldnt pay for that...with the internet for insight and interviews and all the dvds i got my own channe;ll

Unless you are pirating events, there is actually no reason NOT to get it if it was laid out as I mentioned. If the PPV's are on the channel and its at a cut rate for subscribers, fiscally it would be a bad decision not to subscribe as a fan. Plus, they can create unique content for the channel. Nevermind the inherent difference in being able to watch a DVD or surf the web as opposed to having all of the content on a tv channel.