UFC Commentating is bad and it's ruining my viewing pleasure

The worst combo’s are:

Daniel Cormier + Paul Felder
Daniel Cormier + Michael Bisping
Daniel Cormier + Joe Rogan
Michael Bisping + Paul Felder

It’s so bad that I want to watch the UFC without commentators in the future. All Daniel Cormier and especially Paul Felder do, is tell stories or go on and on about shit that doesn’t have anything to do with the fight. You have these fighters reversing positions, striking or being active in general and all you hear is DC’s or PF’s droning voice talking about that time they had to cut weight or w/e the fuck the story is at that moment. They don’t know when to stop talking. YOU DON’T NEED TO FINISH THE FUCKING STORY PAUL FELDER. YOU DON’T ALWAYS NEED TO ADD SOMETHING TO THE STORY DANIEL CORMIER.

Also, you don’t need to talk 24/7 for christ sake. Give my ears some rest and let us hear what’s going on in the fight. It’s especially bad during the early prelims and prelims. Is there a way to watch the UFC without commentators? Fucking hell.

And this Daniel Cormier man… This guy is biased, super reactionary and unobservant. Like he’ll miss things and make wrong assumptions and observations while being extremely sure that’s he’s right. Yesterday when Tanner Boser made a “fence grab” which he didn’t, he was so damn sure it was a grab even when Paul Felder said that it probably wasn’t after seeing the replay. Ofcourse DC proceeds to act like PF is being dumb when he himself is wrong. Maybe if he talked less, he’d actually start noticing shit. It happens all the time with him. Also, I bet Ariel Helwani is fucking tired of this dude constantly interrupting him and just being mister obvious in their youtube show together.

#Btw if you want to tell me that it’s not that bad, do me a favour wil you and do the following; Go and sit in a quiet room by yourself. Put on headphones or earphones. Watch any random UFC with DC + PF from start to end (early prelims to main event). Voila, now you know how bad it is.

7 Likes

I agree Cormier seems a great guy but he’s the worst fighter come commentator there is

5 Likes

No one is worse then Tim Bradley

4 Likes

DC is pretty bad. Bisping and Cruz are best imo

7 Likes

I sometimes completely turn the volume down and watch fights. I’ve done that quite a bit. Recent one was Izzy vs Jan.

1 Like

Agreed. Bisping and Cruz are great. Fitzgerald as the tv guy also

1 Like

The whole UFC product has gone downhill.

4 Likes

DC is easily the worst of the bunch

5 Likes

I don’t take it that far. The fights are still great

Rogan is awful, Cormier is pretty bad. Bisping, Cruz, Felder & Anik are all fine

5 Likes

The Jan Izzy fight was the single worst example of commentating I’ve personally ever seen live for a fight.
I was pissing myself laughing when Rogaine said Jan was being dominated and out struck in the first round and 2 seconds later the screen showed the sig strike stats in Jans favour.

2 Likes

Sassy Drama Queen GIF

Joe and Goldie were the best. I don’t care if you disagree. It was so different than the professionalism of boxing. It was 2 guys legit having fun and it was different.
Now the UFC team is exhausting. 3 man team is too much, they talk over each other, I don’t want to hear Dominic Cruz spend 3 replays telling me how he’d do a submission and then fighter B correcting Cruz on how he’d do it. Over analyzing everything ad-nauseam.

3 Likes

Dom Cruz is way ahead of the pack.

Informative, calm, actually calls the action instead of jerking off to overarching narratives.

Love DC as a person but hate his commentary style. Used to love Rogan but he has become a huge narrative pusher.

4 Likes

Bisping is the best. No biased commentary from him imo

3 Likes

It’s never been the same without Goldberg.

4 Likes

It really seems most sporting events are commented on by shills with talking points they’re given. One of the exceptions is the NYM commentators. Heiyh and Ron teach baseball and criticize stupid play no matter which team is guilty. The worst I feel are the football commentators. They are straight up garbage. All of them.

Commentary has gone downhill since they’ve got rid of the voice of the UFC!

Summerslam 2019 Reaction GIF by WWE

1 Like

The commentary is vey bad nowadays. What is lacking is a serious 2 fold problem.

Point 1 Not a single one of the commentary teams has legit cohesion. Not one. Dom and Michael are the worst. They argue at length about bs. No one wants to hear that. Totally ruins an enjoyable experience.

Point 2 They are getting over technical and are losing the authentic joy of watching the event.

Each event now seems like it has 2 announcers posturing for a live streamed job promotion.

The bottom line is that they don’t have a new team that really works well together yet I hope they address it.

2 Likes

I like all of them.

Sorry GIF