UFC Considering Chandler vs Gaethje

1 Like

Potentially huge news from Dana White … who tells TMZ Sports he’s considering making Michael Chandler vs. Justin Gaethje – in a fight that could be one of the most violent matchups of all time!!

Chandler is coming off a tough loss to Charles Oliveira at UFC 262 … but MC flashed the K.O. power and explosiveness that fans have come to love in “Iron Michael.”

1 Like

Michael said he wants to get back in the mix and work his way back into a title picture … and when we spoke to Dana, he told us he’s considering #2 ranked lightweight, 32-year-old Gaethje as Chandler’s next opponent.

“That’s a good question. I mean, there’s a few opportunities,” White says … “He can fight Gaethje, we’ll see. We don’t have anything done yet but that makes sense and that’d be a fun fight. Imagine Chandler and Gaethje.”

Gaethje is also coming off a tough loss. He was submitted in the 2nd round by Khabib at UFC 254 in October 2020 … Nurmagomedov’s final fight.

But, the bottom line is both Michael and Justin aren’t just top-level fighters… they’re exciting as hell to watch.

Both men pack dynamite in their fists … and have racked up 29 combined professional knockouts.

Now, it’s not a done deal … but when Dana likes something, he usually finds a way to make it happen.

That would be a very interesting fight.

1 Like

why not

Title eliminator or does Dariush get a crack? And yes please!

1 Like

Got dam rite it would be! What’s there to ponder Uncle?

They must like watching Chandler get knocked out.

5 Likes

Chandler too chinny, Justin will bull rush him

No way Dariush gets a crack over the winner of that fight.

Dariush is likely gonna have to win one or even two more fights before a title fight and its gonna have to be a win over a Chandler/Gaethje/Poirier/Conor.

The Conor/Poirier winner will get Oliveira next and the winner of that title fight will most likely be defending vs the Gaethje/Chandler winner.

Dariush is on the Oliveira road to the title, the long slow road. I would not be surprised if Makhachev and Dariush have to fight if Makhachev wins his next one. He is on the slow track to the title like Oliveira and Dariush.

Even after loses, guys like Gaethje,Chandler, Conor will always get more chances to be in #1 contenders fights with shorter paths to title shots than guys like Dariush/Makhachev or Oliveira. Just the way business is done in the UFC. Khabib still made the most of it. It can be done.

6 Likes

This moves my needle

2 Likes

Yeah. I just hope Beneil can somehow get there. I have a bad feeling he’s gonna hit a bump in the road soon here and I’d love to see a guy like him at least see a title shot.

Gay-gee beats the shit out of Chandler

Justin should take the fight. He ain’t fighting Charles next. It’s the one fight that maked sense from every perspective

3 Likes

Great fight.