UFC (Dana) not know about Bispings glass eye?

I know if fighters even have an injured eye or blood going down an eye the doctor would call the fight.

If UFC didn't know about Bispings glass eye, Bisping is a legend! 

What's crazy is EVERYONE knew his eye was fucked. Obviously not everyone knew it was fake... so this definitely ends any twilight old timers fight chance for him... but how incompetent is the commission if they didn't at least do the whole "Cover your eye... how many fingers am I holding up?" 

I know there have been boxers with cornermen that would tap the fighters back to signal answers to shit like that, but in a pre-fight physical? Come on!!

Also, sad to think we ALMOST could of had a first in MMA... fighter gets punched and eye flies across ring...

1 Like

Man I didnt he had a fake eye!!!

1 Like

This has to be fake.. there's no way Bisping was fighting with one eye. That's bullshit..lol

https://youtu.be/lbgYmoY5uuI

2 Likes
Lurker99 -

What's crazy is EVERYONE knew his eye was fucked. Obviously not everyone knew it was fake... so this definitely ends any twilight old timers fight chance for him... but how incompetent is the commission if they didn't at least do the whole "Cover your eye... how many fingers am I holding up?" 

I know there have been boxers with cornermen that would tap the fighters back to signal answers to shit like that, but in a pre-fight physical? Come on!!

Also, sad to think we ALMOST could of had a first in MMA... fighter gets punched and eye flies across ring...

That actually happened in Michigan lol Jose Johnson knocked a dudes eye out 

1 Like
God Of Thunder - 
https://youtu.be/lbgYmoY5uuI

Damn Dana gained alot of weight. Huffing and puffing trying to walk.

2 Likes
Vale_Tudo_83 -

Man I didnt he had a fake eye!!!

Yea it's possible he's trolling.haha

He wasn't fighting with a prosthetic eye guys , most likely had it done once he retired . 

He got the fake eye after he was retired.

1 Like
The Destroyer88 -

He got the fake eye after he was retired.

But his eye was basically dead after the Belford kick. 

So he was fighting with a dead eye then had it plucked out because it didn't work and replaced with a glass eye? Is that the theory? Why wouldn't he keep his dead eye? Pretty sure he lost his eye and was fighting with a glass eye

gabemadrid -

So he was fighting with a dead eye then had it plucked out because it didn't work and replaced with a glass eye? Is that the theory? Why wouldn't he keep his dead eye? Pretty sure he lost his eye and was fighting with a glass eye

How in the hell would he pass a vision test with an eyeball that couldn't see at all? He had his injured eye , with limited vision . Probably kept getting worse and kept it for fighting . 

Pretty sure its just a contact cover. 

But what do i know....

2 Likes
WhereIsGoranReljic -
gabemadrid -

How in the hell would he pass a vision test with an eyeball that couldn't see at all? He had his injured eye , with limited vision . Probably kept getting worse and kept it for fighting . 

How does jon jones keep fighting with peds in his system.....when theres money to be made,rules get broken and overlooked.

2 Likes
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

Pretty sure its just a contact cover. 

But what do i know....

Yeah it's not a full glass eye.

Its a cover that sits over the top of the blinded eye, just giving it a slightly more normal appearance on TV

1 Like

I feel like I've made this post a bunch on this topic but it's a scleral shell prosthesis. Peter Falk wore one for years on the show Columbo. I actually have one myself from 3 botched detached retina surgeries. It's essentially an oversized acrylic contact. Bisping never wore it in a fight. I remember the video of the guy from Michigan getting his knocked out mentioned above. You do not typical get one made unless you have what's called a Phthisis bulbi, which is a shrunken non functioning eye. As far as the commission goes...I dont have a fucking clue how he got by. The only thing I can think of is that the eye was already blind so no more damage could be done. Is there a rule about a monocular visioned fighter not being able to compete? The real risk is losing the good eye at that point. I would think that would have been Mike's choice though.

2 Likes
gabemadrid -

The reason you get the damaged eye taken out completely, is because it really fucks with your vision when one eye still has slight vision and the other one is fine. It's much more comfortable vision wise once you take the fucked up eye out completely.

3 Likes

He literally said he had the surgery after retirement. Yet people keep pushing this narrative that he fought with 1 eye. Lol

2 Likes
GoldbergsAdderall -

I feel like I've made this post a bunch on this topic but it's a scleral shell prosthesis. Peter Falk wore one for years on the show Columbo. I actually have one myself from 3 botched detached retina surgeries. It's essentially an oversized acrylic contact. Bisping never wore it in a fight. I remember the video of the guy from Michigan getting his knocked out mentioned above. You do not typical get one made unless you have what's called a Phthisis bulbi, which is a shrunken non functioning eye. As far as the commission goes...I dont have a fucking clue how he got by. The only thing I can think of is that the eye was already blind so no more damage could be done. Is there a rule about a monocular visioned fighter not being able to compete? The real risk is losing the good eye at that point. I would think that would have been Mike's choice though.

Thanks dude.

You can expect another 10 pages of glass eye theories from the UG ophthalmologists that dont bother reading the thread.  They ve got important eye shit to do. 

1 Like