UFC (Dana) not know about Bispings glass eye?

Hate420 -

He literally said he had the surgery after retirement. Yet people keep pushing this narrative that he fought with 1 eye. Lol

Oh the ironing....

Hate420 -

He literally said he had the surgery after retirement. Yet people keep pushing this narrative that he fought with 1 eye. Lol

Well he still did basically fight with one eye. Yes he still had the eye, but it was 90% fucked.

I was under the impression that while he was fighting, he had some sort of oil/liquid in his eye to help but he couldnt get a surgery till after he was finished fighting because it would make him fully blind in that eye.

2 Likes
GazManiac -

I was under the impression that while he was fighting, he had some sort of oil/liquid in his eye to help but he couldnt get a surgery till after he was finished fighting because it would make him fully blind in that eye.

The oil is 1 out of 3 typical methods used to reattach the retina to the back of the eye. The oil is meant to hold the retina in place while it heals and reconnects. Like wallpaper unrolling on a wall.

1 Like
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
GoldbergsAdderall -

I feel like I've made this post a bunch on this topic but it's a scleral shell prosthesis. Peter Falk wore one for years on the show Columbo. I actually have one myself from 3 botched detached retina surgeries. It's essentially an oversized acrylic contact. Bisping never wore it in a fight. I remember the video of the guy from Michigan getting his knocked out mentioned above. You do not typical get one made unless you have what's called a Phthisis bulbi, which is a shrunken non functioning eye. As far as the commission goes...I dont have a fucking clue how he got by. The only thing I can think of is that the eye was already blind so no more damage could be done. Is there a rule about a monocular visioned fighter not being able to compete? The real risk is losing the good eye at that point. I would think that would have been Mike's choice though.

Thanks dude.

You can expect another 10 pages of glass eye theories from the UG ophthalmologists that dont bother reading the thread.  They ve got important eye shit to do. 

;)

"So you want to be a fighter?!"

Hate420 -

Well regardless if he had that prosthetic or not, He did still fight with one eye. So after Belford he was already legally blind from what I researched 

tough guy! that's a big sacrifice

uniquetechnique -
Hate420 -

Well regardless if he had that prosthetic or not, He did still fight with one eye. So after Belford he was already legally blind from what I researched 

Most times unfortunately these surgeries are a gamble with low prognosis. His eye more then likely looked normal after the injury but the surgery to repair the detachment is what likely gave him the damaged outward appearance. I assume they gave him gas, then oil, then a buckle...

Hate420 -

He fought with vision in one eye***