UFC decided not to risk card if Aldo missed weight

Is this a safe assessment rather than making fighter accusations? IIRC, D.W. mentioned in an interview that if a title fight is pulled from a card in Vegas, Zuffa would be legally responsible for offering a refund to every paying fan (It was shortly after UFC 151 was declared cancelled).

Perhaps some of the UG's finest can bring up the exact verbatim of how ths ruling works in Nevada regarding pulled title fights.

Has Aldos weight been a problem in the past? Phone Post 3.0

If Aldo was too injured to cut weight, he was certainly too injured to fight.

The title belt didn't sell the arena out, the interim belt didn't sell the arena out, Aldo didn't sell the arena out, Conor sold the arena out.
As long as he turned up it was all good. Phone Post 3.0

Even after it being fight of the year people still forget there was a ww title fight last night. Phone Post 3.0

Fapping2FabersButtChin - Has Aldos weight been a problem in the past? Phone Post 3.0

I remember the pre-fight presser for the Hominick fight he nearly passed out, but still made weight. He's been on point with his weight as far as I know.

If the word from Zuffa is an injury has been preventing him from training and cutting weight in a safe manner, they didnt want to risk him not making weight in a title fight.

Fapping2FabersButtChin - Has Aldos weight been a problem in the past? Phone Post 3.0
Pretty sure he had a bad cut in the hominick fight. That's all I've heard Phone Post 3.0

Turtle Lock - The title belt didn't sell the arena out, the interim belt didn't sell the arena out, Aldo didn't sell the arena out, Conor sold the arena out.

That's an accurate statement, but if Aldo shows up and misses weight, there's some sort of legal wrangling that states the promotor refunds the paying customer. But I'm not sure if they still continue as non-title fight and legally are inclined to refund everyone.

I do remember Dana stating how Title Fights works under NSAC after the UFC 151 cancellation. I cannot find the interview though.

Fapping2FabersButtChin - Has Aldos weight been a problem in the past? Phone Post 3.0

If you have a rib injury going into the tail end of camp, fucking breathing is unpleasant at first. Moving is a problem. Running on a treadmill to cut weight most certainly is a problem, and would slow down the healing process even if he gritted it out.

And if it was legit broken than he'd be insane to take the fight but I guess that's not what we're talking about.

There was still a welterweight title up for grabs Phone Post 3.0

Turtle Lock - The title belt didn't sell the arena out, the interim belt didn't sell the arena out, Aldo didn't sell the arena out, Conor sold the arena out.
Therr was a ton of Irish bloaks in Vegas thats for sure Phone Post 3.0