UFC did right re: stitch

sorry, but you are the cutman..the CUTMAN...you are threatening to leave the UFC over not having sponsors on your vest and publicly heaping on the criticism of the UFC partnership with reebok?

YOU ARE THE CUTMAN

Stitch is as well known as many of the fighters, OP.

Hell, I know casual fans who know who Stitch is.

what does being well known have anything to do with it..

the problem is a sense of self-entitlement...you are the cutman...you arent entitled to sponsors..it was a privilege...

Ugh.. Phone Post 3.0

When did he threaten to leave the ufc? Phone Post 3.0

1/10

Really, fuckface?
Stitch never threatened to leave the UFC. He never was a UFC employee to begin with and he never stopped working boxing.
He simply stated that he didn't get any reebok money and suggested working with more boxers to recoup the lost dollars.
Getting blackballed like this is bullshit.

gokudamus - what does being well known have anything to do with it..

the problem is a sense of self-entitlement...you are the cutman...you arent entitled to sponsors..it was a privilege...

How is he any less entitled to make a living than the fighters? He has built him name off of his ability to do his job very well. So much so that people pay him to associate his excellent work with their brands. Same exact way a fighter would. I don't get how there is much difference. Phone Post 3.0

6MonthsKickCheckTraining - 
gokudamus - what does being well known have anything to do with it..

How is he any less entitled to make a living than the fighters? He has built him name off of his ability to do his job very well. So much so that people pay him to associate his excellent work with their brands. Same exact way a fighter would. I don't get how there is much difference. Phone Post 3.0

theres no difference between a fighter and a cutman? wat? WAT?

Uncle Ringo - Really, fuckface?
Stitch never threatened to leave the UFC. He never was a UFC employee to begin with and he never stopped working boxing.
He simply stated that he didn't get any reebok money and suggested working with more boxers to recoup the lost dollars.

Dude he was paid directly by the promotion, making him an employee.

"I really love working the MMA circuit. I really love working with the fighters and the UFC, but I also have a family to support. So do I start focusing more on seminars? Do I start giving my business card more to boxers?"

learn to read between the lines dumbass...hes acting like lebron james deciding between the cavs and the heat....

RicGillespie - 

Dude he was paid directly by the promotion, making him an employee.

Dude he was paid and worked on an event by event basis, making him an independent contractor.

In fairness, he gained notoriety through being a ufc cutman, his income in no doubt grew exponentially due to being a ufc cutman. No regular person would get away with critcising their employers publicly, there is no reason why it should be any different for him. If he didn't like the pay package, he could have stopped working for the ufc, by criticising your employer publicly you're telling them to fire you (or not renew your contract as it may me).

He's a moron if he didn't think there would be consequences.

UFC hurt Stitches income, UFC are all douche bags over this reebok deal, the rich get richer and that's it. Phone Post 3.0

personally i think they shoulda just made him shave off his stache for good and keep him

Raffers - In fairness, he gained notoriety through being a ufc cutman, his income in no doubt grew exponentially due to being a ufc cutman. No regular person would get away with critcising their employers publicly, there is no reason why it should be any different for him. If he didn't like the pay package, he could have stopped working for the ufc, by criticising your employer publicly you're telling them to fire you (or not renew your contract as it may me).

He's a moron if he didn't think there would be consequences.

STOP BEING RATIONAL...JUST STOP IT1!!!!

mikesepejr - UFC hurt Stitches income, UFC are all douche bags over this reebok deal, the rich get richer and that's it. Phone Post 3.0

how much more money do you think stitch made BECAUSE the ufc...3x, 4x, 5x, 10x?

handsomegoat - What about Burt Watson, who fighters love to death? They have proven over the last 10 years they have no loyality to anybody beside the ones who bend over and kissed their asses, and that is like 3 fighters, Hughes,Forrest,Chuck. Everyone else is left out to dry.

loyalty is a two way street...actually loyalty more appropriate describes how someone who has been taken care of and is under power should act...not the one in power

Doesn't he corner the klitschkos? I seem to remember him from boxing before UFC came around.

He probably should have voiced his problems privately and directly first. Try to work it out that way. The octagon seems to be making more money off of Cornnuts then corner make Phone Post 3.0

I agree. When I read his rant (or whatever you want to call it), I was like, "Get over yourself." Phone Post 3.0