UFC didn't even answer Loiseau's plea

Wow. You can't fit the guy - who is willing to donate his entire salary and sponsor money to the Haiti relief causes - on a single upcoming card? Dude was making less than $20,000 a fight. That is a straight up dirtbag move on their part.

Loiseau, a Montreal, Quebec resident born to Haitian parents, recently put the word out that he'll fight for free to aid relief efforts to the earthquake-ravaged country.

Those calls went unanswered, he told MMAjunkie.com (wwww.mmajunkie.com) on Friday afternoon, but he will continue doing what he can to raise awareness and funds for organizations such as the American Red Cross.

"Even though there's a lot of help, still a lot of people are looking for food," Loiseau said. "Rich or poor, down in Haiti right now is hard."

The former UFC middleweight contender appears tonight on HDNet's "Inside MMA" to describe his experience with the tragedy and ask the MMA community for help.

It took Loiseau two days before he received confirmation from his mother that his grandparents and uncles living in Haiti were safe, though members of his extended family weren't so fortunate.

"We lost my grandmother's first cousin," Loiseau said. "She was older; her house collapsed. She didn't get out in time. My best friend's mother, who was living in Montreal and visiting Haiti – she was like a mother to all of us in the neighborhood, we all grew up together – she passed in the earthquake."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17661/following-tragic-losses-david-loiseau-unable-to-get-charity-fight-for-haiti-aid.mma

Hell, put him in one of those prelims on Spike. It might actually make YOU guys look good when he says he is donating his entire check when interviewed. Sheeesh!

Time for STRIKEFORCE to sweep in and look like the good guys!

Its not the UFC's job to do this. Get over yourselves.

It was a nice jesture on the part of Louisseau, but just because it didn't happen in no way reflects badly on the UFC.

Morgz - but just because it didn't happen in no way reflects badly on the UFC.

So them NOT EVEN CONTACTING HIM doesn't make them look bad?
He could do a fundraiser or something else for the UFC maybe, if he is so interested in the efforts, maybe the UFC can help him find work as a volunteer over there?

Kind of hard when they don't even bother returning his calls.

Bottom line - dude was trying to do the most he could with the skills he has to help. And the org that could help him achieve the most in terms of financial viability was like, "Eh, don't bother to even contact him."

NFL seemed to have no problem doing it and donated $2.5 million. But what is the $30,000 max is might cost the UFC? Dana needs some new pants in his wardrobe I guess.

The National Football League and the NFL Players Association pledged $2.5 million to aid in relief and recovery efforts in Haiti to assist victims of the earthquake.

The NFL and NFLPA will contribute $1 million through their Disaster Relief Fund to the American Red Cross and Partners In Health ($500,000 each). In addition, the NFL and its network partners will run pregame and in-game messages during this weekend's games valued at $1.5 million to promote donations. In addition, NFL owners and players are making their own personal donations.

The NFL is working with its teams, players and media partners to raise money and promote awareness of the recovery efforts. A national PSA will air during each playoff game this weekend driving viewers to www.redcross.org, where they can support the recovery efforts. The PSA will feature New Orleans Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma and San Diego Chargers defensive end Jacques Cesaire

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d815bff52&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

The UFC is not the Red Cross, they are a private fight company. Sure it would be nice if the helped out, but it is not their responsibility to do so. Maybe the Crow should promote his own show and raise the $ or sign with someone who will.

epwar - 
Morgz - but just because it didn't happen in no way reflects badly on the UFC.

So them NOT EVEN CONTACTING HIM doesn't make them look bad?

Not in my opinion it doesn't.  I'm sure they get hundreds of offers from fighters all the time, and they just can't answer them all.  Also, just becuase they didn't return his calls says nothing about what they may or may not have done for Haiti.  Especially after the "fight for the troops" chairty event they put on a little over a year ago -- no way I am gonna jump on a bandwagon dissing them for being uncharitable.  They give TONS.

FreakDaddy - Maybe the Crow should promote his own show and raise the $ or sign with someone who will.

Read the posts above yours. Even if he held a show, he wouldn't make nearly the money the UFC could offer. He was trying to get the most he possibly could.

Man, the UFC apologists are sure out in force today.

Wait doesn't Loiseau run his own promotion in Canada? X-something?

Pink Bunkadoo - TS-how do you know the UFC didn't make a donation to Haiti already? Besides, the crow wanting to fight in the UFC as a charity fight came across very self serving. Are there no orgs in canada that would put on a charity show? He wanted to fight in the UFC to get a shot at a contract, which is sort of crappy. Let him sign autographs or something to raise the money. It's not up the to UFC to "fit" him into a card.

Bwhahahahahahaha!

If the UFC donated money, believe me they would be "crowing" about it from top to bottom.

From now on, my reply will just be this:

Bottom line - dude was trying to do the MOST he could with the skills he has to help. UFC is the org that could help him achieve the MOST in terms of financial viability and they were like, "Eh, don't bother to even contact him."

Since you are so butthurt at the UFC about this, why don't you make your own MMA card with David Loiseau fighting on it, with all proceeds going to Haiti. Seems like a better thing to do than bitching on the internet.

billoni - Since you are so butthurt at the UFC about this, why don't you make your own MMA card with David Loiseau fighting on it, with all proceeds going to Haiti. Seems like a better thing to do than bitching on the internet.

Yeah, trying to bring awareness to it is soooo wrong.

And I'm sure any MMA card I promote will do massive numbers, just like the UFC, right?

Jesus, the apologists are staggering. I guess if this had been a US natural disaster, you guys would be all over it. Who am I kidding, this is the UG, it would still be the victim's own fault, right?

ttt for Loiseau

Wahh! UFC won't answer Loiseau's plea! I'm a whiny little bitch! Even though I haven't done anything to help out Haiti, I'm going to condemn the UFC for this!

billoni - Wahh! UFC won't answer Loiseau's plea! I'm a whiny little bitch! Even though I haven't done anything to help out Haiti, I'm going to condemn the UFC for this!

I've sent money to the Red Cross this past week, which is probably more than you have done.

epwar - the UFC apologists are sure out in force today.

nothing to apologize for

Absolutely staggering...

Dude was trying to do the MOST he could with the skills he has to help. UFC is the org that could help him achieve the MOST in terms of financial viability and they were like, "Eh, don't bother to even contact him."

UG's response - Fuck him and the people he is trying to help. UFC needs its $30,000! He should put together his own tiny show.

Gotta love the cynical UG.

Now what happens if the UFC does sign Loiseau for a fight? Will everyone on here condemning his actions go, "Wrong move, UFC, wrong move. Let that attention whore do his charity work on his own!"